Not losing much. Help!

Options
My situation: I live with other people and usually only have control over my breakfast and lunch (dinner is made for everyone). I try and get in exercise and like to think I'm fairly active. I also measure out most of what I intake and post/add more than what I'm actually eating to account for inaccuracies. However I'm not see much progress and at times I'm feeling even worse (chubbier or bloated). Should I be exercising more, eating less or what?

Please and thanks!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Try weighing your food with a food scale. It is the most accurate way to track your intake.
    For your evening meal, eat what everyone else is eating, just weigh out your portion so it fits within your calorie goal.
    Log your exercise and eat back 50-75% of those calories ( most exercise calorie burns are inaccurate on MFP).

It is best to set your goal to .5 lb per week for every 25 lb you are wanting to lose.

Cheers, h.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Measure out is not the same as weigh

Speak to your parents and ask if you can help cook and weigh out your food ..I'm assuming you live with family
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Your ticker says you've lost 26lbs, in what time frame?

Also I see you're 26... Why can't you make your own supper?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    You need a food scale to be accurate.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking your a college who live with other people. Get a food scale that would be helpful
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Weigh your breakfast and lunch foods if you're eating at home. Eat a little less than you have been at dinner. Are you eating back exercise calories? If so, how are you estimating those?

~Lyssa