Options
hello
Anyone know of a good detox or cleanse?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You body doesn't need a detox or cleanse your kidney will do a good job if you let it. Save your money, but if you want to do it light for a few days...no caffeine, no alcohol, no red meat, no added sugar or sodium, no dairy, no grains...this is what all the bought detox packages tell you to do as well as eating plenty of green vegetables, chicken and fish, drinking lots of water. I am pretty sure its not the product that gives any benefits but the diet for a couple of days.

Benefits are usually temporary, eg loss of water weight...but this is usually regained when a person goes back to their normal eating patterns
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You body doesn't need a detox or cleanse your kidney will do a good job if you let it. Save your money, but if you want to do it light for a few days...no caffeine, no alcohol, no red meat, no added sugar or sodium, no dairy, no grains...this is what all the bought detox packages tell you to do as well as eating plenty of green vegetables, chicken and fish, drinking lots of water. I am pretty sure its not the product that gives any benefits but the diet for a couple of days.

Benefits are usually temporary, eg loss of water weight...but this is usually regained when a person goes back to their normal eating patterns

Thanks but I have a very restricted diet due to a chronic illness. So a lot of the food you mentioned I can't eat
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    What foods do you eat?
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bleach?
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing is a detox or cleanse.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to detox? Detox from what? And if you have strict medical restrictions, isn't this something you should discuss with your dr?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

Thanks but I have a very restricted diet due to a chronic illness. So a lot of the food you mentioned I can't eat

I'm not trying to be rude, but I find it odd that you have a restrictive diet where you can't eat meat, fish, or veggies, but you have another post up right now about treats where you talk about eating peanut butter creme Oreos. Unless I'm truly ignorant about your illness, it's unusual to have an illness that restricts stuff like vegetables or meat but allows Oreos.
  • rumijs
    rumijs Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Your liver.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Other than drug and alcohol detox programs, there are no legitimate detoxes. "Detox" and "Cleanse" are catch phrases created by marketers to sell their products. They literally have no benefits to them.

Drink some water and let your kidneys and liver do their job.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options

Does your restricted diet include toxins that your kidney and liver can't handle? If so, which toxins are those?

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    @tincanonastring here you go, someone wants to know about good detox - cleanse
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    As far as I know my liver and kidneys can handle any "detoxing" that needs doing. If yours can't then I'd suggest a thorough medical work up.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Op - there's no reason to detox or cleanse. This is term used by companies to market snake oil products. Many of which can be dangerous. You will benefit nothing from doing this.

What exactly are you trying to detox from ? Your body already cleans out whatever it doesn't need.. These detoxes and cleanses are just ridiculous. Even the homemade ones you find online are just asinine. People like to think they can clean out chemicals and toxins from foods they eat by " detoxing" and it just doesn't work like that. Its really asinine
  • desiresdestiny
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

I'm not trying to be rude, but I find it odd that you have a restrictive diet where you can't eat meat, fish, or veggies, but you have another post up right now about treats where you talk about eating peanut butter creme Oreos. Unless I'm truly ignorant about your illness, it's unusual to have an illness that restricts stuff like vegetables or meat but allows Oreos.

I can only eat soft foods so soft that it's pretty mush mashed or made soggy. I can't chew.. So yes I indulge in Oreos once in a while by sucking on it.
  • desiresdestiny
    Options
    What foods do you eat?

Cottage cheese, eggs, salmon, tuna, soggy cereal, protein shakes, oatmeal, pudding, bananas
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    What foods do you eat?

Cottage cheese, eggs, salmon, tuna, soggy cereal, protein shakes, oatmeal, pudding, bananas

You can actually do a lot with these things ! Don't fret. Don't detox or anything ridiculous.

I have ongoing dental issues so have had to do a soft diet at times , and I was still able to have a pretty decent variety . if your doctor hasn't given you a list, try googling dry socket soft foods diet and see what new ideas you can gather up.
    ( I have no idea what your exact medical issue is , but if just about soft foods, you really do have many options!)

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    synacious wrote: »

I can only eat soft foods so soft that it's pretty mush mashed or made soggy. I can't chew.. So yes I indulge in Oreos once in a while by sucking on it.

Thanks for the answer. As others have stated, there is no need for a detox, but yes you can at least eat soft foods that have better nutrients. All the food examples you listed above are great to eat. If you need vegetables in your diet, maybe mashed sweet potatoes or mashed cauliflower would be good for you to eat. When I was having an issue with my tooth, I'd eat a lot of mashed cauliflower and it was great for me. It even tasted like mashed potatoes! :D
  • desiresdestiny
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Many, many vegetables can be made into smoothies or boiled in broths then pureed into cream soups with an immersion blender. You can even eat broccoli and greens this way.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Pureed veggies in soup is an excellent idea! You can bake fruit as well. I bake apples with cinnamon and nutmeg all the time. Also pumpkin custard. . . full of vitamins and other deliciousness. I love a good chocolate malt, but I can't imagine sucking on an Oreo cookie. Skip the "detox" and get imaginative with food.