Losing weight after a heart condition

Options
I was diagnosed with heart failure after the birth of my second child. It was pregnancy induced and by the time my son was born an I was diagnosed, I had had a difficult pregnancy with 18 weeks bed rest and had put on half my pre-pregnancy weight.
I had to be careful not to stress my heart so vigourous exercise was out of the question and besides I felt exhausted all the time
20 months on and I was given more or less the all clear - luckily. But I was gettingquute depressed due to the excess weight I simply couldn't shift. So I joined myfitnesspal (actually I became a member in 2009), gave my body a kickstart with a 9 day cleanse and now the weight is slowly but surely dropping off and I feel fitter and fitter every day!

This site is so helpful and supportive!

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are doing better and the weight is starting to come off.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    YAY! I am working the calorie counting angle and VERY limited activity. I do chair yoga that is modified due to some health challenges. No matter. I have been working at this the past 8 or 9 months and have lost 50 pounds. You don't need vigorous exercise, or exercise at all for that matter, to lose weight :)

Welcome and congratulations on your success thus far and feeling fitter :)
  • dressagediva1
    dressagediva1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely replies! Here's to all our successes :-)
  • mwikaira26
    mwikaira26 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't excersise at all the only way I'll lose weight is by diet only. This has given me hope. Inspirational xxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!