Help with inputting food

hi I started this this morning and was wondering do u guys scan ur food or search manually? Only asking as im making a bolognaise and when I scanned it all through seperate come through at 957 calories for the meal and that seems a awful lot!? But when searched there was so many differnt ones that vary from 200-700 calories? Sorry if this is a dumb question just no idea how this works at the moment lol thanks x

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    You need to enter each ingredient separately, whether you scan their barcodes or pull them up manually. You can't use someone else's entry because you have no way of knowing what they include in their recipe.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Use the recipe builder. It'll save you a load of time later on.
  • avilancaster871
    avilancaster871 Posts: 147 Member
    Ok thanks guys just wanted to check :) how do u no how much of a ingrediants u use without measuring it out?
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Ok thanks guys just wanted to check :) how do u no how much of a ingrediants u use without measuring it out?

You weigh everything on a digital scale and measure liquids using a liquid measuring cup. This is why when I make food, I make double the amount and freeze the rest. Same work, more servings.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Use the old recipe builder. Scroll down a little on recipe page. On right margin.