Getting back into the swing of things...

Options
DebJ618
DebJ618 Posts: 36 Member
While on vacation up in NC at the end of July I realized two things. First I couldn't quite do all the hiking/climbing/etc that I would have desired without having to take a few more breaks than usual. Two... I got engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coming back I realized I needed to get back on track... over the 2 years or so I have been dating I gained at one point 47lbs. I had lost 6 earlier in the summer doing a half-a'ed attempt at paleo. The fact is in the year or two before meeting my love I had lost over 80lbs on paleo but as we dated and moved in my eating habits disappeared.
Well, went to look at dresses... found one... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and want it though it is about $500 more than I want to spend ... sacrifices can be made...hopefully.

Ultimately the realization hit that this can't be a halfa'd attempt but needs to be fully calculated.
I am counting calories as I never did before (not even on paleo). I am doing my own version of 5:2 fasting (2-500cal days, 3-1800 cal days, 2-1000 cal days or around those numbers). I am mostly but not completely Paleo. I am doing moderate carb would like to lower it but it stresses me out trying and stress is one thing I want to avoid in all this. Additionally, I aim for each "wknd of Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon" to have a different focus/goal in getting/doing better.
Been at this 19 days and have lost 8.7lbs.

My childhood friend Beth has been beyond supportive and truly an absolute strength/motivation. Hoping to slowly get more support/strength to stick with this.

Oh... a bit of background
I have ITP (low platelets for unknown reason), Iron Anemia, B12 deficiency (in some places of the world would be called anemia but US I am in the very low but not anemic), PCOS, pre/borderline diabetes, and I guess that is the main stuff.
At my greatest weight was around 250 and with Paleo I did get down to 170. I stopped eating correctly though.... now am back on track.