80+ pounds to lose

Options
I've been overweight all my life. I need to take a stand now so I can be there for my son and teach him good habits. My long term goal weight is 180 pounds. That means I have over 100 pounds to lose. My first goal is to get under 250. That will make me happy. I want to do small increments so I don't overload myself with those scary numbers that seem so far out of reach.

It's my turn to take charge of my health.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Small increments is the way to do it. That's how I succeeded and that is how you will too. Remember to track and to allow yourself the occasional 'treat' - the key is to find a healthy relationship with food. Wishing you the best of luck :)
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    you can do it! it's a great idea to set up mini goals to keep yourself from being overwhelmed. mfp is an amazing tool, It has helped so many people (including myself) and I can't wait to see you in the success story section. you are already absolutely beautiful btw. feel free to send me a friend request :-)
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i've lost 90lbs, the most important is changing your diet that will very quickly start making you lose weight.
  • bubsyh
    bubsyh Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have 100lbs to lose or so as well but I work in kgs good luck!!! I am trying to lose 1lb a week. My mum lost 4stone in 6 months and there is so much loose skin so I want to make sure mine is slow and I tone as well
  • RockPrincess080
    RockPrincess080 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is to go to the gym 5 times a week and spend 10-20 minutes doing small toning exercises like the 30 day challenges and other small workouts that do not require machines and then spend 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical for cardio.
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. With supportive friends the Weight will melt away. I sat down sorted out a diet, bought a second hand mountain bike. Now to date have lost 110lbs.
    Good luck on your journey to a healthier you.
  • KateGunusen78
    KateGunusen78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow endless_journey well done
  • rachelann92114
    rachelann92114 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5. My goal is to lose slow but steady at a pound or so a week. So far, Ive lost 4.6. This works if you're honest about what you eat-especially portion sizes. Some portion sizes are ridiculously small so beware! Feel free to add me...I've got another 90 pounds to lose so I'm going to be here awhile!
  • ROFLwaffle82
    ROFLwaffle82 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've lost 75 so far so I know you can do it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • crimsonlady2014
    crimsonlady2014 Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You've got the right attitude. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm happy to provide encouragement!
  • ChinaRoseBlossom
    ChinaRoseBlossom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job on making your lifestyle change! I was in the same position just a few months ago and decided to take my life (and health) into my own hands. I have lost over 140 pounds so far and can tell you from experience that while changing your life for the better may be difficult at times it is worth every effort.

I started out just like you, giving myself small goals like "I will stay within my calorie goals this week" or "I will do all my exercises this week" and if I did them, reward myself with a little treat (NOT FOOD) such as a foot rub from my hubby. Another thing that helped me was leaving myself notes around the house to help motivate me into making better decisions.

I hope that you reach your goals.
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Right there with you dear. Add me and we can work on the baby steps together. I'm trying be a better role model for my girls so I know what your working for.