steamables veggies

How does everyone feel about these? ( the frozen ones you buy and steam in microwave?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I use them all the time. I stock up when they're on sale at $1 (store brand, typically). Cheaper than buying fresh veggies most of the time, and so much easier to prepare.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    They are pretty soggy tasting but for a dollar they make a good snack or okay side dish. Be careful or some broccoli/asparagus some brands are all stems.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Love them
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    I don't like them as much as fresh vegies because I prefer mine quite crunchy. I always keep a bag in the freezer though for food emergencies and to bulk out meals.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    I think they are great! I prefer them over fresh veggies like broccoli, brussel sprouts and lima beans. Easier to prepare. But mostly because my plans change frequently and sometimes fresh veggies don't get used in time. Having steamable veggies always in the freezer makes sure I stay on track and don't waste food at the same time.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I buy lots of frozen veggies. Fresh is best, but frozen is cheaper and I can't always eat as many as they sell bundled at the store.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    As long as they aren't carrots, frozen veggies are pretty dang great. :)
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    I enjoy them. I'm a busy mom with a husband who works full time and attends graduate school at night and two school-aged children. These are a life-saver. Easy to make, nutritious, and easy clean up as well.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    I have them for lunch every day ... different varieties, but I do have my favourites. I also don't leave them in the microwave for as long as suggested. I like my veggies a little crunchier.