Anyone care to check my diary and help me explain....

Options
Just need some guidance from those who could identify what's going on? Scales won't decrease and inches not going down?

To confirm I'm 4ft 11, hovering around 127lbs, 29, doing Stonglifts plus a bit of cardio after, then netball once a week and maybe spin once a week.

I've been advised to eat around 1500.

Until two years ago I underrate for many years and did excessive cardio....and I was about 8lbs lighter. I want to get down as my measurements won't decrease now they've gone up since eating more and doing less cardio.

Replies

• patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts are compound exercises, one of the best types of exercises that can help to create muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Never seen anyone carry round scales measuring how fit people are based on numbers...

I would monitor your fat percentage if its fat you want to lose, rather than your weight. Take a wrestler who may weight 260 lbs but have a fat % of around 8-12. But I wouldnt say they were fat if I saw them. But compared to my 185 lb? You decide!
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    But my measurements won't go down?
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You say inches aren't going down. What for? Waist/hip? What are they?
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    Your diary looks excellent - Really balanced choices.

Now feel free to dismiss this because I'm most certainly not a expert but have you considered the following?:

*Changing your routine? - Try two weeks of something completely different aka swimming, jogging, two spin classes and one net ball sesh..or whatever fits..Sometimes our bodies just plateau
    *Eating more? It may take a few weeks for your body to adapt but it may be that as your not hitting your 1,500 limit some days your body needs more fuel?
    *I read on your profile that your BF was/is reducing? I feel BF % is more relevant than weight when trying to get lean

Best of luck :)
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Waist, hips, thigh, arm
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Your diary looks excellent - Really balanced choices.

Now feel free to dismiss this because I'm most certainly not a expert but have you considered the following?:

*Changing your routine? - Try two weeks of something completely different aka swimming, jogging, two spin classes and one net ball sesh..or whatever fits..Sometimes our bodies just plateau
    *Eating more? It may take a few weeks for your body to adapt but it may be that as your not hitting your 1,500 limit some days your body needs more fuel?
    *I read on your profile that your BF was/is reducing? I feel BF % is more relevant than weight when trying to get lean

Best of luck :)

I do look at my diary and wonder what I'm doing wrong!

Admittedly I may have a few nuts which I don't add in but that would take me to 1500, or I roll those over as I know I may go out for dinner on the weekend. I've also stopped alcohol for 3 weeks now.

I did change my routine...nothing happened unless I stopped lifting weights...and then I started to feel softer.
    My bodyfat reduced a bit last year so not had it done since...but my PT at the time was pushing me hard and making me do 2 hour sessions which I didn't feel I should be doing to get where I wanted to. I've since stopped using PT for money reasons too.
  • mkim3138
    mkim3138 Posts: 80
    Options
    Diary looks good. How is the intensity of your workouts? Do you wear a heart rate monitor when you workout?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You look pretty lean to me! As others have said, try doing some different exercsies. Have you tried zumba? Its great fun and burns loads of calories, but it works you all over rather than focussing on specific areas. You mgiht just find doing something different gives you a kickstart - after a fairly fast start my weight lossgot really slow, but once I added zumba in it speeded up.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    When you say " a few nuts" that you don't count... how many is a few? 25g or around 40 almonds is 150 calories for instance...
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    No a small handful, usually I weigh them...so possibly 100cals worth of nuts.
  • GravyBrah
    GravyBrah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It looks like you are already at a 300cal deficit and your Carb and Protein macros are even which is great. I think your Fat macro might be a little too high though, try aiming for 27g a day for your 1200 cal goal. Then you can bump up your Protein and Carbs to 120g to make up the difference. This is known as the 40/40/20 cutting ratio
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Although most of my fat intake is good fats...not saturated ones.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Diary looks good. How is the intensity of your workouts? Do you wear a heart rate monitor when you workout?

I normally wear a hrm but need to get a new battery. I generally burn around 300-400 calories in a session of weights and cardio. Or a 45-60 minute spin class. That's with my Herat rate getting upto around 160ish...especially if I do jumping/skipping/plyo exercises. I try to having active rests between sets, so might do box jumps and skipping or press ups etc.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,721 Member
    Options
    You're sure about logging accuracy? Are you using a food scale? I notice you never have salad dressings, and you log very little cooking oil.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    Rarely use oil...if I do I log it. I always use a scale...pretty much for everything! I don't really eat salad dressings either.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    Of course a PT is a mega expense..Plus 2hrs of cardio is pretty full on...Well once a week I do a longer run etc but more for endurance over weight loss so I can't criticise your PT for suggesting that but for most people to fit cardio in to everyday life a shorter higher intensity sesh can be just as effective..and may be worth considering?
    Even for just 15/20 minutes..because if you can manage 15/20 minutes at your 'flat out' pace you'll be feeling a real high and it could jump start your bod?
    This may or may not help because we are all different but I try to eat well/balanced and hardly drink (apart from a binge on a mini break this week) and I've lost 2.5% BF (plus around 4.5lbs) in 8 weeks with shorter cardio sessions, adding weights to my routine but I do a circuit/routine with 3/4kg hand weights rather than heavy lifting (I'm still a weights newbie) and a couple of 20/30 min pilates sessions a week.
    I am a recovering cardio addict... :) I was gaining weight, getting slower, losing interest in working out etc..
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    netball is a crazy high burn because it's so intensive. I coach and ump. and am about to start playing too (just indoor though).

is your intake consistently at TDEE- however many %? I find it easier to keep standard cals and not eat back exercise ones.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    How long has it been?

try breaking it all down into calories.

for each day of the week:

How many cals eaten
    what do you estimate that to be a deficit from your TDEE
    how many cals burnt in exercise

then estimate your weekly burn/deficit from that. (estimate / 3500) pounds.

then tell us! :)
  • GravyBrah
    GravyBrah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Although most of my fat intake is good fats...not saturated ones.

I'm not going to disagree, good fats are great for overall health. But if you are looking for actual physical results, you should consider this slight adjustment to you reach your desired goal. Then go back to a healthy maintenance mode.
  • DizzyLinds
    Options
    I was told by a MVP member on here to eat at around 1500, as my tdee-15 was around 1700.

I've kept at programmers for 6 weeks and seen no results.

My cardio sessions now are more intense higher burns with more circuit style training. Running and high impact exercises have taken their toll on my knees.

Generally I'm hitting 1500-1600 per day with an average burn of 350cals burn 5 days per week. I'm told not to do tdee but if I did I'd be eating at probably 20%below if I'm on Sidesteel's goal of 1500. According to online calculators my tdee is around 2096.

I'll try and maybe cut down all fats then?