Body Fat % suddenly increased but losing weight! Why?

Options
2»

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    After losing 50lbs and getting my body fat down from 32% to 22% all was going brilliantly. I checked my body fat % two weeks ago and managed to get to 21.9% but just three days ago it read 28.8%!! My weight has dropped again but is that possible to gain that much fat in a week and a half? But be losing weight at the same time?
    I've not been exercising the last week as life has been pretty rough, I've also not been reeling very well. Headaches, dizzy spells and feeling exhausted. My scales also allow me to check water percentage and that has gone from 58% to 52%.

Any advice would be appreciated!

The scales are not accurate under all conditions. You clearly did not gain that much fat. don't put too much importance on any one reading, especially from an electronic device.

Have someone check it with calipers or go get measured at one of those hydro-measure thingies.

Rest easy, you did NOT gain pounds and pounds of fat.

PS, you look great in your LBD. Hope that takes your mind off the lies your scale told you. :^)

yah, home scales are not accurate for body fat and the reading can vary greatly.