how long did it take you to lose the last 20lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    About three months. Calorie reduction and exercise.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Took me a year, with a small deficit that was mainly caused by me exercising more.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im guessing about 4-5 months for myself. I have my rate of loss set to 1lb a week and I am ok with a pretty slow loss from here on.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ann0815 wrote: »
    I just needed 6 weeks to lose the last 20 pounds. I had trouble when I first started but then it all went smooth :)

Just a tip for everyone:
    Melissa Green from internethealth.org names top diet plans for lasting weight loss, so check her site out if you are interested in reading some helpful weight loss reviews and articles.

Your link is a bunch of tripe. CICO is what works!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I just needed 6 weeks to lose the last 20 pounds. I had trouble when I first started but then it all went smooth :)

Just a tip for everyone:
    Melissa Green from internethealth.org names top diet plans for lasting weight loss, so check her site out if you are interested in reading some helpful weight loss reviews and articles.

3.3lb/week for the last 20lb isn't a healthy rate. At that point you shouldn't have that much fat on your body unless the last 20 should have been the first 20...

Also, if you want to know which diets are the best, http://health.usnews.com/best-diet is a much better choice than that spammy website. (or you could just follow CICO)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I imagine it's going to take me at least a year, maybe more.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It took me a bit over a year to lose the last 20 pounds. I lost 47 pounds in 2013 (Jan. 7-Dec. 31), and then 18 pounds in 2014 (Jan. 1-Dec. 15). My rate in 2014 was about half a pound per week for the first six months, and then somewhat less as I tapered toward maintenance.

Since then I lost a few more pounds, not intentionally, but apparently, when I am on an active vacation, I burn more calories than I realize.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    And what did you do to acheive it?

I ate at a calorie deficit. The last 20 pound took longer than I expected because the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off.
  • SLLRunner
    Options

Just a tip for everyone:

Here's another tip: any diet will work if you eat at a calorie deficit, and no diet will work if you eat at a calorie surplus.

Six weeks to lose 20 pounds is too severe. If you lost at that quickly you were on a VLCD.

Please, nobody do this.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    duddysdad wrote: »
    I am 2.6 pounds from my goal of 185. I am currently at 187.6 and started at 337 back in December. It took me from July 6th until today to lose 20 pounds.

I eat 1300 calories a day. I have a pretty big deficit since I am 6'5. I don't exercise because I have a neurological disease and am disabled, however I will be doing some sort of resistance training when I hit maintenance.

Personally want to congratulate you on your awesome success. Bravo!

Please don't
    That's a terribly unhealthy rate of loss
    It's like congratulating someone for putting their health at risk
    It's sad

I am in agreement that losing weight that quickly is not healhy, and @MySweetPotato, please do not follow drastic weight loss advice.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite there, still have 7lbs to go but it has taken me a year to lose 15 lbs, however I was already a healthy weight. I am cycling and weight lifting and eating at a small deficit. In the past when I have lost more quickly I've always ended up gaining it back.
  • MySweetPotato
    MySweetPotato Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    duddysdad wrote: »
    I am 2.6 pounds from my goal of 185. I am currently at 187.6 and started at 337 back in December. It took me from July 6th until today to lose 20 pounds.

I eat 1300 calories a day. I have a pretty big deficit since I am 6'5. I don't exercise because I have a neurological disease and am disabled, however I will be doing some sort of resistance training when I hit maintenance.

Personally want to congratulate you on your awesome success. Bravo!

Please don't
    That's a terribly unhealthy rate of loss
    It's like congratulating someone for putting their health at risk
    It's sad

I am in agreement that losing weight that quickly is not healhy, and @MySweetPotato, please do not follow drastic weight loss advice.

Haha! I've tried these diets already. I lost and gained the same 20 lbs a bunch of times. This time I want to do it right! And I want to do something sustainable...even if it means I'll have to wait half a year to get there. Otherwise a quick fix can take me 5 weeks easily.