Meal Prep Tupperware/Containers

Options
what the best containers to buy for Meal Prepping??

Replies

• cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I buy the cheapest ones as mine get lost all the time. I also use zip lock bags
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If you have a dollar store nearby, check that out (though you might still want to compare prices with a department store, because dollar stores aren't always the cheapest).
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I picked up a few sets at Aldi that have a sticker on the lid that I can write on - I use those for the stuff I freeze. For the fridge, anything, really.

If you're prone to dropping things and/or think your containers might be at risk of getting broken, more expensive stuff like tupperware may be worth buying.

I just make sure I have plenty and toss if I break one, which rarely happens.

~Lyssa
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I love the ones from Ikea, they have a rubber seal so they don't leak, and they have a steam vent for reheating. They're only about $2.50 each and come in a variety of sizes. I have a couple dozen of them!
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a set each of glass and plastic Rubbermaid containers. (Costco, sam's club, BJ's all Carry some version of those) Each set comes with 4 x 2 cup containers which are what I use the most. I spend a bit more for the seal so things don't leak. But I also use ziplock containers so I can toss them after they get stained and icky.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    crock-pot-spicy-refried-beans.jpg

I picked up twelve tubs (two for a dollar) like the ones at the bottom at a family owned dollar store. They stack in my freezer door, aren't flimsy, and are spacious enough for the extra components of my lunch.
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Get pyrex ones and own them for life. Plastic are cheaper yes, but in 10 years you will buy lots more vs spending extra cash now.
  • BayouSquaw
    BayouSquaw Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Jaxx fuel pack form Academy... Its the mini and usual goes for 70 bucks at GNC... it has all the containers and a shaker in it, niw if I can just get my meal plan together.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I use Tupperware and Rubbermaid. There might be better ones, I don't know. Those work fine for me.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    the ones that fit in your lunch box.

not even kidding. nothing worse than not being able to stack your effing lunch properly b/c them shitz don't fit.

worst problem EVER in the morning.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    the ones that fit in your lunch box.

not even kidding. nothing worse than not being able to stack your effing lunch properly b/c them shitz don't fit.

worst problem EVER in the morning.

Sooo true!!!!
  • beaky1980
    beaky1980 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Can't remember the type, but I know Rubbermaid puts them out. They don't last forever but they work. Zip lock bags too.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I prefer glass one, specifically the Anchor Hocking ones that have the easy open tab so I don't rip fingernails. But if you don't want to go that route there are tons of cheap ones in the bag/foil aisle in most grocery stores. I've also found that most stores will have their private label brand in addition to the more expensive Zip Lock brand.
  • mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I buy the glass ones for anything I will need to heat in the container. Never heat regular plastic containers. For things that won't need to be heated, I use the cheap containers from Dollarama.