Women's Jeans for Weight Lifters?

Options
I've been lifting weights - squats, deads, OHP, bench, and starting to play with some Olympic lifts - and I love the effect it's having on my body, but I'm having a challenge. My waist will fit into a size 8 jeans, but my thighs won't anymore. LOL

What do other weight lifting women do about jeans? I know the curvy jeans have more room in the hips, but are they looser in the thighs as well?

Replies

• coachjschroth
    coachjschroth Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Relentless Jeans are the new standard for weigh lifters. However, if the price is too steep, H&M, Pac Sun and American Eagle and other common retailers have started to produce "flex fit" denim similar to relentless. And no, they're not jeggings
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I read the thread title and thought to myself that lifting in jeans is a sure way to blow out a pair of pants. :smiley:
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because I don't bother anymore. I wear skirts and dresses, unless I'm wearing gym pants! I would love to be able to find some jeans which fit all of the following - my waist, my butt, my thighs and my calves. And my leg length (only 5"2). Apparently I'm out of proportion. It got too hard and in Australia we're even more limited in our range of jeans.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because I don't bother anymore. I wear skirts and dresses, unless I'm wearing gym pants! I would love to be able to find some jeans which fit all of the following - my waist, my butt, my thighs and my calves. And my leg length (only 5"2). Apparently I'm out of proportion. It got too hard and in Australia we're even more limited in our range of jeans.

Yes - I'm 5'2" also and it's hard enough to find pants that fit these short legs. :pensive:

I looked at the Relentless Jeans. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not quite as thick in the thighs as the models there. LOL Maybe just some relaxed fit stretch jeans will work for me at this point. I'll keep shopping.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Relentless Jeans are the new standard for weigh lifters. However, if the price is too steep, H&M, Pac Sun and American Eagle and other common retailers have started to produce "flex fit" denim similar to relentless. And no, they're not jeggings

Thank you! I'm going to see if these ship to Australia.
  • andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just buy jeans to fit my butt and legs and have the waists taken in. It's not that expensive and makes a huge difference.
  • _sambamm
    _sambamm Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    barbell apparel make jeans specifically for problems like that. they are pricey but save up for it because they are definitely worth it.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    _sambamm wrote: »
    barbell apparel make jeans specifically for problems like that. they are pricey but save up for it because they are definitely worth it.
    +1
    http://barbellapparel.com/collections/women