amount of Sodium in food,

Options
I can not believe how much Sodium there is in food,!
until i started doing my Menu on MFP, i would never have known how much of it i was taking in with my food.
Just normal things that i love, for instance, today i added on my Menu a couple sliced bread at breakfast and smoked haddock for tea, at the end when all my daily intake was added up it was over 3,000 for Sodium, way over my daily intake,
Needlessly to say i swapped my Smoked haddock for Salmon but that was still high in Sodium.
I will be changing my type of bread, and also re-thinking some of my other types of food,
what do you think on this Subject of Sodium, as to much can't be good can it,!! :sad:

Replies

• janepatricia2
    janepatricia2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can not believe how much Sodium there is in food,!
    until i started doing my Menu on MFP, i would never have known how much of it i was taking in with my food.
    Just normal things that i love, for instance, today i added on my Menu a couple sliced bread at breakfast and smoked haddock for tea, at the end when all my daily intake was added up it was over 3,000 for Sodium, way over my daily intake,
    Needlessly to say i swapped my Smoked haddock for Salmon but that was still high in Sodium.
    I will be changing my type of bread, and also re-thinking some of my other types of food,
    what do you think on this Subject of Sodium, as to much can't be good can it,!! :sad:
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Me too. I can't believe how much salt is is vegtables in their natural raw state. The good news is, once you start cutting back on it, everything taste salty so it get easier to avoid.
  • eautrey124
    eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My advice for bread would be to switch to a Sprouted grain bread. I prefer Ezekiel 4:9 bread. It is whole grain so it consists of complex carbohydrates instead of simple sugars and has no preservatives and the sodium content is very low!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Many packaged products contain high levels of added sodium. As do restaurant foods. It's good to be aware.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have HBP, I wouldn't be worried about sodium. I'd likely have a healthier diet, tbh.