Still losing weight !!

Options
Hi All
I need some advice but let me give you a little history first . May this year I was a skinny fat 194 I lbs male and decided enough was enough and decided to change my lifestyle dramatically . I started to eat very clean and do 45 minutes of cardio every night on a cal deficit , in hindsight I probably was not to clever with my deficit as on average I consumed between 1300-1500 per day my BMR is around 1650 and TDEE around 1900. Anyway I achieved very good fat loss was very pleased once I hit 166Ilbs . There was some muscle loss as well because I really did not do enough research at that time ! It is a minefield

Replies

• dizzler1
    dizzler1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ran out of space
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I'm not sure what you're trying to say?

If you're wanting to gain weight but are still losing... then you're not eating enough.
  • dizzler1
    Options
    Yes that's where I was going , I have increased my Cals by 400 the last 2 weeks yet stil lost weight . Should I give it another week before I increase further ?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see your logging... you might be logging inaccurately and hence, underestimating your caloric intake which is causing weight loss.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more , period.

do you use a food scale to weigh all solid foods?
  • dizzler1
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Yes all solids are weighed on my scales gms and or ounces , I will see how the rest of this week goes and if Ni change increase by another 250
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    dizzler1 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Yes all solids are weighed on my scales gms and or ounces , I will see how the rest of this week goes and if Ni change increase by another 250

as you are a male at about 166 pounds you are probably going to need to consume at least 2500 calories a day to gain ...what is your height?

It sounds like you went from about 1600 to 2000 ..I would suggest increasing to 2200 and see what happens and if no gain then go to 2300 and so on and so on ...

as a reference point I am a 36 year old male 5-10 and 175 pounds and I gain a half pound per week at about 2900 to 3000 calories a day ...

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    My TDEE is 1900 and I'm a female, 5'4", just below 130 pounds. And that's with no cardio.

You need to eat more.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    my tdee is 2200-2400. im 158cm 48kg... eat moreeeeeeeeww
  • dizzler1
    Options
    Thanks all , there are so many TDEE calculators with different measures . Anyway I will enjoy eating more