Whatever MFP's default number is.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Gotcha thanks everyone. I was just wondering. Thanks again
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    USDA RDA 19-50 female : 25 male : 38 ( from this chart http://www.dietaryfiberfood.com/dietary-fiber/fiber-rda-rdi.php )

I don't get as much as I should, but I make an effort to get at least some every day. Hard to get fiber when trying to keep your carbs down, without supplementing.

On my best day, might get 40-45 and just beat the RDA, on a bad day, I might only get 5-10.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't aim for a number, but I always exceed the advised amount.

If you eat your fruits and veggies, it's pretty easy to hit the number. Throw in whole grains and that's even more fiber.

Fiber is one of those things that really does take care of itself if you eat a healthy, well-balanced (or even kinda-well-balanced) diet.
  • ungeneric
    ungeneric Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I aim for MFP's default number and basically never hit it. Switching completely from white grains to high fiber foods has helped a lot. Like, I used to eat a lot of wheat pasta, now I replaced it all with bean pastas. Switching out rice (another former staple) with barley or quinoa has been more challenging...
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    30 grams, although MFP has it set for 25 and I try to at least hit that.

Fiber varies for me.. some days I hit it easily, other days I struggle, and I don't find that it always correlates to how healthily I'm eating. I really need to have some beans or legumes in my meals that day or I usually won't hit it just through fruits, veggies and whole grains.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm always over the MFP goal and I don't really think about it beyond that. I tend to eat lots of foods that have fiber, and I think most well-balanced, healthy diets will have plenty of fiber, unless one is doing a low carb thing.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    10g of fiber from fruits and vegetables is a good number for me. I could always toss in a quest bar or something similar into my day just for the sake of eating more fiber but I think the focus on individual nutrients is wrongheaded and doesn't make for a more healthful diet.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I get anywhere from 30 to 45 grams per day.