How can I transform my body in 75 days?

Options
i used to have an eating disorder, then I gained a tonnnn of weight, like 35 lbs abs now I need t lose weight and get my muscles back and get healthy! I'm starting today!!! How much can I change in 75 days? I will of course continue my health beyond that but just curious?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie defecit, aim to lose a lb a week

Lift heavy

Why 75 days?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Can't say until you've done it. Follow the MFP for your calories. Eat healthy foods, do cardio exercise, lift some weights and get enough sleep. In 75 days, you'll see what you've done. That's the only way to know how much you can do.

Good luck! :)
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the ED for now (not that you should) and the 75 day limit (which never really makes sense)...

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Improve your squat by 50lb
    • Improve your deadlift, bench, OHP, and row by 25lb
    • Be able to do 20 pull/chin ups
    • Complete couch-to-5k

However, I wouldn't expect someone to do all of that (and you could possibly add more, but that covers weight loss, strength, and cardio). That is a lot to accomplish in 75 days, especially since it leaves no time for travel, sickness, injury, or even a personal pace (which may be slower). I've been on my better health journey for ~200 days (92 on MFP) and I've only hit the first 3 bullet points (with larger numbers) and haven't even attempted C25k or pull ups, but I intend to do both within ~6 months.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Please be careful starting another plan with your ED history. Before doing anything like this, you really should speak to your doctor. Restricting calories can become an obsessive thing for your 'average Joe' so someone with an eating disorder needs to approach this carefully. It's important to look after your mental wellbeing as well as your body :) Good luck.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Id be more interested in understanding the ED and getting to a better place on behaviours and relationship with food. Thats long term and could last you a lifetime. In pure weight loss terms then 1lb a week gives an estimate, but you will get much more from things if you just focus on doing things in a healthy sustainable balanced way than worrying about how much or how little you might lose.

Weighing and logging plus some regular exercise over this period would be a major win.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    i used to have an eating disorder, then I gained a tonnnn of weight, like 35 lbs abs now I need t lose weight and get my muscles back and get healthy! I'm starting today!!! How much can I change in 75 days? I will of course continue my health beyond that but just curious?

All that's needed to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

That said, have you been through treatment for your eating disorder? I ask because 35 pounds is not a ton of weight and you seem to want some type of drastic change in 75 days. Both of these things indicate disordered thinking.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ignoring the ED for now (not that you should) and the 75 day limit (which never really makes sense)...

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Complete couch-to-5k

However, I wouldn't expect someone to do all of that (and you could possibly add more, but that covers weight loss, strength, and cardio). That is a lot to accomplish in 75 days, especially since it leaves no time for travel, sickness, injury, or even a personal pace (which may be slower). I've been on my better health journey for ~200 days (92 on MFP) and I've only hit the first 3 bullet points (with larger numbers) and haven't even attempted C25k or pull ups, but I intend to do both within ~6 months.

I very much like these targets because they are based on things you can DO (rather than how you end up LOOKING).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

All that's needed to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

That said, have you been through treatment for your eating disorder? I ask because 35 pounds is not a ton of weight and you seem to want some type of drastic change in 75 days. Both of these things indicate disordered thinking.

Cosigned.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Complete couch-to-5k

0 to 20 pull ups in 75 days is a big ask. I've been trying for a long time (4 months or so) and still can't do 1.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Let's step back.
    What is your current age?
    Height?
    Weight?
    Reason why you want a "drastic change" in only 75 days?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Complete couch-to-5k

0 to 20 pull ups in 75 days is a big ask. I've been trying for a long time (4 months or so) and still can't do 1.

I never said it was easy and some of it is dependent on current weight and strength. But there are 6-8 week programs for doing pull or chin ups.

http://twentypullups.com/the-training-program/

OP mentioned wanting to lose 35lb and has 10.7 weeks, so, it might be a stretch, but it is doable. I actually meant to start working on it yesterday, but got caught up painting the house.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Complete couch-to-5k

I never said it was easy and some of it is dependent on current weight and strength. But there are 6-8 week programs for doing pull or chin ups.

http://twentypullups.com/the-training-program/

OP mentioned wanting to lose 35lb and has 10.7 weeks, so, it might be a stretch, but it is doable. I actually meant to start working on it yesterday, but got caught up painting the house.

Yeah, I've done several programs over the past year. I still need to lose some weight and gain strength before I can pull my own body weight.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Please be careful starting another plan with your ED history. Before doing anything like this, you really should speak to your doctor. Restricting calories can become an obsessive thing for your 'average Joe' so someone with an eating disorder needs to approach this carefully. It's important to look after your mental wellbeing as well as your body :) Good luck.

This.

Also, with an ED, your idea of what a perfect body is may be different than what a healthy body is. Also look up what is a healthy weight for your height and age.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

In 75 days you could:
    • Lose 10lb
    • Complete couch-to-5k

Heh, that was my thought too.

The approach is great, though.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options

If you went to the website it is predicated on your being able to do one to start off and you only get up to 20 if you start off at 3. I am still working on that one.