Panda Express...I love it.

Options
So worth..pnjr92293q1a.png

Replies

• BernieMBurke
    BernieMBurke Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't deal with the sodium (doctor says I should keep below 2000mg a day). Most all Chinese food is off limits.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Yeah I try to stay less than 1500..but some days I can have extra and just drink a ton of water =)
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they were in my area. So, I got something out of this thread...

Not sure why anyone would want 3 entrees of the same thing though. I might have to try them out soon.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    I didn't know they were in my area. So, I got something out of this thread...

Not sure why anyone would want 3 entrees of the same thing though. I might have to try them out soon.

Mostly cuz I just really like it...ppl also ask me how I can eat chicken/veggies/potatos for like 5 dinners a week..I think I'm just a boring person with my food =)
  • LegalMom0928
    LegalMom0928 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just swapping veggies for the noodles will save you 430 calories, 49g of carbs, and nearly half the fat!! Little changes lead to big success!! :smile:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I like Panda Express, but its an awful lot of calories.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Depends, like almost everywhere, on what you order. Broccoli beef with steamed vegetables as the side isn't an awful lot of calories.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends, like almost everywhere, on what you order. Broccoli beef with steamed vegetables as the side isn't an awful lot of calories.

It's what I got last time... It's not even 300 calories I think, and it was surprisingly tasty.
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I always order the entree in a little carton ala carte. I don't want the rice or noodles.

And if I have enough to room in the calorie count, the side of two spring rolls.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Hmmmm broccoli .I really broccoli too, but I get to have broccoli every day haha, panda express is a few hours from my house so im gonna go full on with this meal =)..and basically eat nothing else the rest of the day hahaha

*disclaimer* I do NOT recommend eating 1 large, relatively unhealthy meal per day :P
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That looks good for you, but 1400 calories is more than I get in a day unless I run. Very far.

I usually get a Panda bowl with steamed veggies on the bottom (instead of the rice or noodles) and broccoli beef or the mushroom chicken. It's very good on calories and carbs. Now, I do love their chow mein noodles and allow myself to splurge from time to time.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    so gross
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Panda express is good, I personally didn't find the calories that bad compared to other fast food places. I would not eat there everyday, but its nice when your on the go or don't feel like cooking.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    make that chicken at home and save a ton of money. just buy the rice if you want. or even find some in the frozen food section at the grocery store.

You can say that about everything you get outside of the house. I don't buy pizza any more because I make it at home from scratch and think it tastes better. However, I like to eat out on occasion.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't think we have one in my area. I have seen them in the frozen section of the grocery store. haven't tried them yet though. I do however LOVE PF Chang's. But yes as a few stated Chinese/Asian foods tends to be high in sodium so I try to make my own at home :smile:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Unfortunately, I can't deal with the sodium (doctor says I should keep below 2000mg a day). Most all Chinese food is off limits.
    esaucier17 wrote: »
    I don't think we have one in my area. I have seen them in the frozen section of the grocery store. haven't tried them yet though. I do however LOVE PF Chang's. But yes as a few stated Chinese/Asian foods tends to be high in sodium so I try to make my own at home :smile:

Most restaurant food has a lot more sodium than anything you'd make yourself. Chinese isn't the only offender by a long shot.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I usually order a panda bowl with steamed veggies and orange chicken, or mushroom chicken if I'd rather spend calories on an egg roll or ragoons. It's definitely a nice place to check out when I want some fast food.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Yup. I've only ever been once, but I do love that it's easy to get veggies as a side option instead of rice.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Mmm... Panda Express is tasty. There is one less than 3 mi. from my house and on my way to the closest grocery store. I haven't been there since I started MFP though (a little over a month). I like it but not so much that I have specifically made room for it in my calorie budget. I could probably get a decent meal ~500 calories from there, especially if I went for a bowl with a veggie base instead of my typical chow mein choice. I checked the calories on the kind of plate I used to build - 1500 calories! Ridiculous. That's my total calorie allotment for the day. Can't believe I used to eat a dinner like that after already having eaten breakfast and lunch.