If you eat a primarily vegetarian diet and you have an open food diary; please friend me.

Options
I'm a 51 year-old man, and I'm working to reduce meat, milk and other animal proteins from my diet for health reasons. I have a good friend (70 years old) who I've known for 30 years, and who had a heart attack and two strokes a few years back. This friend began to eat less meat, cheese, eggs and to exercise some; he has lost 75 pounds. He looks and feels better than he has in years. My friend asked me to read some published materials regarding eating a more plant based diet, and I've read these materials. The more I read, the more I'm convinced that reducing meat, cheese, eggs, etc. from my diet is the correct choice for me (I know not everyone agrees with this approach -->> don't judge please).

If you eat a primarily vegetarian diet and you have an open food diary; please friend me. I certainly would appreciate it. I would like to be able to see what you eat so I know what is possible.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I've been ovo-lacto vegetarian for over 40 years . . . but I think maybe what you're looking for is vegans (no animal foods at all). Personally, I rely pretty strongly on milk & eggs, but also beans, nuts, seeds, protein-rich veggies, grains like quinoa, etc. Feel free to friend me if you want to see what I'm eating (I'm at 1300 net) despite the milk/eggs; my diary is open to friends.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I'm a pescatarian right now (although fish consumption is like...once every few months lol). I'm transitioning to vegan though! Friend request sent :)
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 and the_nerdgasm: Thank You :)
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I went to answer this-then realized we're already friends!! I found eliminating meat easy. Dairy and eggs is a bit more challenging for me (personally). I'm a lazy cook but I'm basically vegan at this point. Best of luck!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescatarian with 65 more pounds to lose. I eat fish about twice a month. Feel free to add me!
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I've been veggie for about 24 years. I do eat eggs & cheese occasionally, but I try to stick to a mostly a Vegan diet as I feel so much better eating that way. Feel free to add me, tho as I'm in the UK the products I do use will be different to what's available in the U.S.
  • amazetome
    amazetome Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, trying to get motivated to go full vegan. My diary is open to friends, so feel free to friend me if you need more ideas!
  • amberjo1986
    amberjo1986 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Added. I'm a vegetarian who eats very little milk and eggs. Are you going to open your diary too?