Surviving your birthday/Thanksgiving/Christmas

Options
2»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    I indulge on my birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. No holds barred, I eat whatever I want for that one day. Egg nog, chocolate, pie, stuffing, whatever. Then, back to calorie counting the very next day. No weekend of indulging. Not even a treat on Christmas Eve, I have to wait until Christmas. This worked amazingly well for me when I lost 27 pounds a couple of years ago. I only allow such indulgences on these three holidays, every other special occasion I have to earn my treats with banking calories beforehand or doing more exercise.

You guys are right. Holidays are days.....not months. Christmas, Thanksgiving and my birthday (in October). I think I can do this! One day....one day....one day. My new mantra!

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Holidays aren't a season, they're a day. There seems to be this perception, presumably drawn from the retail aspect of jumping from one lot of decorations to the next, that these holdiays have expanded and become their own chunk of time.

I eat what the heck I like on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I enjoy my birthday cake. I get smashed and eat ALL the canapes on NYE. But they are single days.

This is excellent advice. The holiday season seems to blur into an ongoing food and booze fest from Halloween until January but there's no reason that our food intake has to do the same thing. I was quite successful last Christmas, I didn't lose but I didn't gain. I kept up with the exercise, even when my gym was closed for two weeks (*cries*), acted as the designated driver as much as possible to cut my alcohol intake etc. Hoping to manage the same this Christmas!