How do you keep pushing in the beginning stage of getting healthy?

2»

Replies

• NoreTil
    NoreTil Posts: 12 Member
    NoreTil wrote: »
    I start, I stop, am motivated for a while and on bad days just no energy to kee p pushing. How can I keep moving forward? I have Fibromyalgia and some days I am just out of energy. How can I increase this and stay focus on being healthy. I have reduced intake on consumption of sweets, started eating more fruits and vegetables also been watching what I eat. I added walking and now a bit of cardio too for a 30 minute workout. Can anyone advice me on how to keep going?
    There's a thread on here that's called "just for today" I think its a wonder idea, to help keep your goals focused...I know I get overwhelmed when I think of the daunting task of losing 170 lbs...but if I look at bit in the small "just for today " sense, its not so scary! And if I mess up, then I can just start over again tomorrow! Good luck!!
    [T
  • NoreTil
    NoreTil Posts: 12 Member
    robertw486 wrote: »
    Great advice above. I think one pitfall many experience is trying to change their lifestyle quickly and go from one extreme to another. Take it in small steps with realistic goals. Find support that works for you. And don't give up on yourself when you have a bad day.

My wife started a walking group with local friends. They go out three days a week and there has been many a day where people show up when they didn't really feel like walking. But they show up because others help keep them accountable, and the talking/social aspect sometimes overcomes that want to not walk that day.

I prefer to bike over walking, but when my schedule allows I often go with them. To me the social aspect makes it more of a relaxing thing and I don't even really look at it as exercise.

Once you find things that work for you, you actually start to enjoy them and look forward to it. I started getting on my bike to get rid of some weight. Now when schedule or weather makes it hard to do I really miss it, and sometimes go out in the dead of night, or even ride in the rain.

What an amazing motivation goal your wife deploring.... To motivate others is a good thing she is doing. I think of doing so time but never attempted, this post actually made me smile. It reminded me of the times I use to participate in parent fitness session at my child's school that was a great social event...