Trutein

Options
Any Trutein fans out there? I love the Red Velvet Trutein. I really want to try some of the other flavors. What are you favorite flavors? Have you tried their pudding. I have had the Vanilla Carmel, it tastes great. I would love to hear everybody's opinions on this subject.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I've not tried the pudding, but I love the peanut butter marshmallow cookie and the cinnabun. Both mix really well and thick with just water.

The chocolate mint is intense. It tastes just like a thin mint, but after a second or two, it feels like I just finished brushing my teeth. I'm still debating if I can deal with that or not (may cut it 50/50 with red velvet or smores).

I suggest getting samples from them directly; it's so not worth spending tons of money on a protein powder you don't like.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yes I love the fact that I can mix it in water and it still comes out thick and no clumps. I suggest you try a sample of the pudding if you can. It is a great treat I like it with fresh blackberries or strawberries.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I tried the chocolate pudding... So horribly sweet. I just can't stand it (and so much sucralose puts me in a carb craving frenzy). I'll have to try making some and mixing it in yogurt or something, maybe it will be more edible. I was very disappointed because I had high expectations of it.

Let's say I have no intention of trying any of their other products after that.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The Lemon Meringue Pie is tasty, but I find Trutein in general to be far too sweet. The amount of artificial sweetener they use to flavor the product is double what I would put in there. One scoop in even 16 oz. water or milk is cloyingly sweet.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I too, love the red velvet. It's my "go to" powder followed closely by the banana cream. I've heard good things about the lemon meringue and cinnabun, but have not tried them yet.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yeah the pudding is really sweet that's prob why I like it with berries. Mixing it with yogurt sounds like a great idea and it would add extra protein. As for the shakes I mix it with a lot of water and ice. Blended in my margarita machine it makes a really good snow cone. I really want to try their Shamrock shake flavor.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Yes. Vanilla. Pumpkin pie.cinnamon roll flavor one.