On again, off again weight loss romance...

Options
I've struggled with body/self-image issues for a long time and never did much about it. Now I'm in college and entering my twenties, the "best time of my life" - or so I'm told - and I want to enjoy it as a healthy, confident adult. My goal is to lose 20lbs and then eventually add muscle with weightlifting. Luckily for me, I love cooking which makes logging everything I consume accurately much more viable and enjoyable. I'm always looking for low-calorie, high-protein, and, of course, delicious recipes to try out. Than goodness that in California produce is easy to find and amazing so I've accidentally become somewhat of a vegetarian because I am obsessed with trying out different vegetables and plantstuffs in my diet.

I've been down this path before, with and without MFP at my side, experimenting with running, walking, yoga, the gym, and eating healthy, yo-yoing and dropping off the dieting grid time and time again. Fingers crossed and heart set on this time being the golden run towards a consistent healthy lifestyle. MFP and /r/Fitness have been my muses this time around and by God if I won't try my hardest to keep this momentum going.

Replies

• Soloflyergirl2
    Soloflyergirl2 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best. Stay with it. You owe it to yourself.... no one else. You're beautiful on the inside and out.... and with a few less pounds.. you add years to this beautiful life. You have a lot to give..... Try out all sorts of great vegetables..... and mushrooms( the healthy ones.)........ all the best....