Have a small home gym. Workout plan to build muscle?

Options
I am a skinny 21 year old. Weigh 150 pounds at 5 foot 10. I want to gain muscle and some weight. I have a bench press with an Olympic Bar and weight set of 300 pounds. I also have adjustable dumbells so the possibilities with those are endless. I also have a weighted wrist curler for my forearms and wrists. And lastly of course, an iron gym pull up that you hang on the doorframe. So mostly all upper body stuff although I do have an Olympic bar that I can use for squatting and deadlifting. I just have to buy a power rack which I will once I have the money.

So with the bench press, dumbells, wrist curler, and iron gym, what is a good work out I can put together to build some muscle? And anybody have any other suggestions in regards to equipment for a home gym?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You could invest in a squat rack or power rack so you can safely squat/bench.

These are really good programs for beginners;
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women
    • Strong Curves
    • ICF 5x5
    • StrongLifts 5x5

You need to fuel yourself properly, remember that gaining weight (fat and muscle) requires a caloric surplus - most people either have a surplus of 250 daily (0.5lb gain per week) or 500 daily (1lb gain per week).
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Here are a few programs that you can look up.

- Wendler 531 beginner
    - Starting Strength
    - Stronglifts 5x5
    - Fierce Five (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631)
    - All Pro's Simple Beginner Plan (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843)
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    You can deadlift now. Do it. I would also add in some zercher squats until you get that power rack. Any strength program designed for beginners is going to be good. Starting strength and Stronglifts are popular programs for beginners. Read and watch as much as you can about proper form. Start light until your confident with your form.