Ooof, I messed up

Options
After nearly two months with no binging, it happened.
Hubby ordered a Papa Johns pizza and cookie....I ate the entire cookie.
I am starting to see just how I got so big in the first place...
Please tell me I'll do better tomorrow!

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You WILL do better tomorrow. :)

What exactly is a Papa John's cookie?
  • Gozergirl
    Gozergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    it is an awesome, magically 1,500 calorie bomb.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1500 calories over is not a huge deal. You'll make up for it in 3 days or less.

Trust me, I'm the queen of eating 3000+ calories some days. Still lost 80 pounds and been maintaining for a year. The key obviously is to realize that it's not the end of the world if it happens occasionally and to get back on track the next day.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    At least you know how many calories it had! Did you log it? I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I don't know how you resisted the pizza.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Honestly its nothing to lose sleep over. Hope you had the good sense to enjoy it.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    It happened, log it and move on. It won't make much of a difference in the big picture. Just keep going!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Log it and try again tomorrow :)
  • Gozergirl
    Options
    thanks guys:)
    I did log it, and I will move on.
  • LC_onelove
    LC_onelove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    After 3 months of on plan eating, I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's Half Baked last night. I just reminded myself that I didn't get fat by eating a pint of ice cream once every three months!!! :wink: Today was an awesome workout and right back at it on my healthy eating!
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You WILL do better tomorrow. :)

What exactly is a Papa John's cookie?

It's delicious!!!!!!!!! It's a giant cookie baked in a foil tin. their brownies are freaking awesome too . . . . I wish I had a brownie.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Because misery loves company, I will tell you that my worst binge ever involved a whole tin of papa johns brownies, a whole cookie pizza, a large thin crust pizza, and lots of alcohol (obviously). And yes, the next day was absolutely the most miserable I have ever felt in my life, lol. I have never eaten there again.

Chin up. You will overcome. :D
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    We all have ups and downs. I still do and I'm down to 135lbs now. Don't beat yourself up. Get back on track asap and move on.
  • Gozergirl
    Options
    Thanks guys! Today was a much better day.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I ate around 5300 calories on saturday. I just wiped myself off and started back on sunday =) it was delicious though!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    One of the best quotes I've ever read is this: "When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up."-Les Brown.
    Whenever something bad happens anywhere in life, do NOT let it hinder you. You did a lot better than I did. After just two weeks of eating within my calorie goals, I went to a friend's house for a sleepover and scarfed down two not-so-small slices of cake. I felt bad about it later on, but the more I reflected on the situation, the more determined I became to be more successful. So you ate a cookie. It happened. Accept it, and continue to push forward. This is a lifelong journey after all, and there are bound to be days where we all slip up. I'm glad today was better for you. <3
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself. Tomorrow is as new day!