is it possible to gain 10kg in 4 months:S

Options
trying to gain 10 to 15kg (22 to 33 pounds) by the end of the year for my graduation ceremony, is it possible? Note that I started going to gym and eat more

Replies

• dmillz89
    dmillz89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    20lbs is pretty do-able in 4 months. It's about the top end of how fast you want to bulk so I would make sure you don't go much faster (you'll start putting on more fat than you want). Start at a ~700 calorie surplus. Pay close attention to the scale and your body in the mirror and adjust as you go.
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Of course! Don't exercise and eattttt! And my peak I gained 7kg in 2 months
  • Shouliveshappy
    Shouliveshappy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    And u said u are eating more..how much more?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    22-33 lbs of what? Muscle.... no. In four months, you can gain roughly 8-10 lbs depending on how lean you are and how well trained you are. You can gain that much in fat and muscle but most of it, would be fat. At best, your fat/muscle ratio would be 50/50. If you are new to progressive weight training, it could be more fat. Generally, you don't want to start bulking when you first start lifting as your body is inclined to make muscular efficiencies prior to adding new muscle.
  • pavstan
    pavstan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IMPOSSIBLE to gain so much lean mass (unless you want FAT) for such a short time.. You can gain as much as ~400-500g of lean muscle p/w (and that's the best possible scenario for a natty bodybuilder) - everything else would be FAT - so recalculate your goals.

4-5 kg lean mass for 4 months - pretty hard but possible.
    10kg lean mass for 10 months - nah.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Psulemon and pavstan are correct. You can not gain that much muscle in that time frame.

I think in this case it is relevant to know why you want to gain weight. If you are underweight there is nothing wrong with adding some kilo's of fat. I've done it, and have no regrets. You won't have a lean muscular body, but you will feel and look healthier.
    If you just want to look good/more muscular, then you should adjust your goals and expectations.
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes it's very possible. I've gained 34lbs in just over 3 months using MFP to make sure I hit my calorie goals. As other users have pointed out, that wont be all muscle, most of it will be fat. That might not be a bad thing though, it depends what you are looking for. For myself, I've went from looking seriously unhealthy to looking thin, I still don't have anywhere that looks remotely flabby. I still have a long way to go before hitting a point where I'm happy with my appearance. Keep in mind that if you are under weight, spreading 30lbs over your entire body may not equate to much.