Protein Shakes EAS AdvantEdge

Options
eharn02
eharn02 Posts: 12 Member
Morning! Protein shakes confuse me and I can't seem to figure out if pre-made EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes are ok. They have 17 grams of protein, 0 sugar and 100 calories. I've also tried Visalus but prefer the convenience of already made shakes. I am within a healthy weight range, trying to lose 8 more pounds, add muscle and tone up. I've been told over the counter stuff doesn't absorb as well, as the more expensive protein, but wanted opinions from those who have tried both. Thanks. :)

Replies

• ALittleBitLess1
    ALittleBitLess1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump, am interested to know this too!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think if they work for you and fit within your goals in terms of ingredients and benefits, then you are good. I have tried 5 or 6 different types of protein shakes, some terribly expensive and some cheaper. I usually buy the powder and make my own versus getting the ready-made shakes though. Some have given me terrible stomach aches, but I am currently using NNW whey protein. I like that it only has 4 ingredients and is sweetened with stevia. No corn or soy, and it doesn't give me a stomach ache.

Your best source of protein is of course 'whole foods' such as lean chicken breast, fish, etc. But if you are like me, you can't get enough protein that way, without eating a ton of calories. Protein shakes/smoothies are easy ways to get it in.

Have you tried making your own smoothie with protein powder, greek yogurt, some type of milk (cow, almond, etc.), and fruit? Yummy, and it packs a protein punch!! You can even add spinach if the green color doesn't turn you off...you really can't taste it and it adds some great nutrients to your diet.

I have heard different things about different types of protein powder. I think some absorb faster than others, but am not clear enough myself to try and explain. Curious to see/hear what people who know more have to say. In the end, I say, Do what works for you!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    If you make you're own shakes they are 1. cheaper 2. more variety. I use a powder that is 15g protein 78 cals and vanilla flavour, so I mix it with a small banana, 50ml milk and cocoa powder and make a 200ishcal dessert :) super yummy and great as a snack somewhere or meal replacement if I've had a big breakfast/lunch.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    I personally drink EAS Carb Control shakes as a meal supplement for lunch or when I'm having a light calorie day, or planning on a larger dinner. I personally love them, and they work really well.

Try and find the flavors with the lowest carb/highest soluble fiber for the healthiest combo.

I use EAS Myoplex when I work out too...they have a clean taste, and aren't bloating like some others I've tried.