weight loss shakes

Anyone have success with weight loss shakes? I'm not noticing a difference but it's only been a week.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    To lose weight , eat at a deficit. No need for weight loss products
  • I have been trying to eat at a deficit without success in regard to weight loss. It's as though my metabolism has a deficiency. Was anxious to try something that could assist.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    I lost 20kg with weight loss shakes. Went off them and put it all back on plus another 10. They were quite expensive too. And I haven't wanted to drink a shake since, and that was years ago. Blergh.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I've never been successful with shakes. Unfortunately, they teach you nothing about proper portion sizes or nutrition.

You said you've been trying to eat at a deficit, how long have you been trying? Have you been logging consistently, everyday? Have you tried weighing your food for accuracy?
    If no to the above, I highly recommend you do so. True success is going to come from eating in a sustainable way.
  • brennan8
    brennan8 Posts: 3 Member
    Love slender blend by protein world
  • rainah84
    rainah84 Posts: 42 Member
    weight loss shakes are a scheme, definitely a waste of profit. I fell for the Slimquick a year ago, complete waste. I've been on a protein shake kick using, almond milk, pure protein or real PB with fruits, veges and oatmeal. Yummy
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    I did it for 2 yrs and lost 120 lbs and then got pregnant with my twins and gained it back because my hormones went whack and the weight came back on. Them my favorite shake changed and I couldn't take the new recipe anymore. I finally found a hypoallergenic that is working for me.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    I have lost 10 lbs so far using slim fast. I'm pretty creative with mixing it with things to liven it up a bit. I have to be honest with you though...not doing anything but shakes and a low calorie snack has led to (a few) binges at night after dinner. Well I won't say binges but definitely eating additional things that are not beneficial to me nor my calorie goals.