Digestive issues?

Options
I've been struggling with digestive issues for almost 1 1/2 years now and every day is a struggle. Although I'm currently working with a holistic doctor is always nice to connect with others who struggle with the same issues.

Replies

• Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You'll need to elaborate. What kind of digestive issues? Do you have food restrictions or allergies? What sort of eating plan do you follow?
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That covers a whole range.of issues...elaborate slightly.
  • mollylautz
    mollylautz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I also have had issues. Mainly suffering from IBS. It's frustrating and exhausting!
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Depends on what you've got. I've got IBS and lactose intolerance and I manage them by keeping my stress very very very low and eating almost no dairy. On bad days, me and the Imodium get up close and friendly, but that may happen once a month, every 2 months now. Ever since I started working from home and not eating dairy, things seem to have calmed down considerably.

When I was not watching the dairy and working high stress jobs, it was every week, and I went through about 10 years where my stomach constantly hurt.
  • Leeleelahlah
    Leeleelahlah Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I have many food intolerances, most of which appeared about two and a half years ago, but I haven't seen a doctor. I finally have health insurance, so I'll be going this month. I don't know if I have IBS or SIBO or something, but I've had to cut out gluten, rice, oats, soy, dairy, beans/legumes, palm oil, and I have to limit my intake of acidic foods. It's really hard having such a restricted diet, but if I eat anything containing those ingredients, I suffer. I need to break out the Imodium 3-4 times a week, and that's WITHOUT eating those items.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you elaborate?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Yes, curious to know more. I also have digestive issues so I like to connect with others that do.
  • kmajor2015
    kmajor2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've had severe acid reflux for a year now. Along with non ulcer dyspepsia and delayed gastric emptying. I am gluten sensitive. On PPIs and Zantac. Add me!
  • GETU1N
    GETU1N Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    IASO TEA
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Most of my digestive issues have gotten better since I started dieting and exercising.