Morning meal time

Options
I find it very hard to eat in the morning since I have never been a breakfast person. My plan is to get a protein mix to make a drink in the morning. Anyone have any suggestions.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I safely lost more than 70 pounds all while routinely NOT eating breakfast, because I hate it and it makes me want to eat all the things for the rest of the day. :) As long as you're getting proper nutrients each day, you don't have to worry about WHEN you're eating them. :)
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've lost ~77lbs since April of last year. For breakfast I normally have a protein smoothie and granola bar in the summer months, then switch to hot tea and a granola bar for the colder months. Favorite smoothie: frozen strawberrys, frozen kiwi, frozen blackberries, handful of spinach, 1/4 cucumber, dark chocolate protein powder, water. Mix it all up in my nurtibullet in the morning.
  • jewelhefner443
    jewelhefner443 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not a big breakfast eater either so I know where you are coming from. While I don't think not eating breakfast will prevent you from weight loss, it can be the jump start your body needs each day to kickstart your metabolism . Each person's body is different, my doctors have told me that breakfast is crucial for me. I would drink a protein shake, Special K I believe, and found that much easier.
    Find what works for you though! Good luck :)
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I like the raw meal protein brand its plant based protein and I add almond milk and fruit to it.
  • DianeForrester
    DianeForrester Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was never a breakfast eater either until I started the Unicity Transformation and I drink their vanilla meal replacement every day now. I agree with jewelhefner443 that you need to kickstart your metabolism. So make sure you choose a "meal replacement" instead of just a protein drink so you reap the benefits of all the nutrients you require in every meal. Don't forget, you haven't eaten anything since dinner the night before (hopefully ;) )and your body needs fuel to function properly. If you skip meals, your body goes into storage mode and will not burn fat. It will go to your muscles for fuel - hence you lose muscle mass! I know - I've done it! Good luck.