Fitbit charge hr and MFP exercise syncing

Options
had my Fitbit for a couple of weeks. I already understand the basic rules of syncing with MFP ie the food goes on MFP and most of the exercise goes on Fitbit save for swimming and similar but how can I post exercise I have done to MFP purely for the social element without double counting the calories?

Replies

• BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can't double count the calories if your fitbit is synched with MFP. If you record the exercise in MFP you will have a starting time to enter and minutes. MFP will override the calories you say you burned during that period with what fitbit has. Especially since you have the charge hr, I wouldn't do it. Just let the charge hr do it's thing. If you want your exercise to show up in your feed, just post to your feed that you did x for x number of minutes.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you want your Fitbit stats to appear in your MFP newsfeed, post a status update.

No need to log any step-based activity—your Fitbit is tracking it for you. Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your Fitbit burn during that time.

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    What I do with my running is let Runkeeper update MFP and once the status is posted delete the calorie adjustment but not the status.