After baby body

Options
So I had a baby just under 5 weeks ago and I need to lose my baby weight plus more. I need some exercise ideas that I can either do quickly or bit by bit to help me lose this weight. Any ideas?

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby!

But you've gotta give yourself more time to recover. Eat healthily, and maybe get some walking in (my bubs always loved a good nap in a sling/ergo while I strolled the streets), but seriously, your body is still healing and the most important thing you can do right is rest, recuperate, and give your new baby lots of cuddles. If you push too much too soon you could really hurt yourself.

Fyi: I lost babyweight #1 in 9 months (just in time to be pregnant again) and I am currently 6 kg under pre-pregnancy weight with a 1 and a 2 year old. it can be done, but it needs to be slow and sensible.
  • jvs125
    jvs125 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wait for your post partum check up and ask your doctor. After my c-sections, I was cleared to resume all my previous activities 6 weeks post partum as long as I listened to my body. So I started with a baby and me spinning classes that had a core strength component and it was great. Try to look for. Baby and me classes, they are geared towards new moms. After my 2nd I couldn't take classes anymore because I had two to look after so I got really into dvd's. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred was a good starting point to get back into fitness as it's less than 30 minutes and not too difficult but forces you to move and be consistent with a routine. My daughter would smile watching me do it and my son was trying to do it with me.