September is my start...to a new me

Options
I don't know what happened to me...but yesterday I looked at the scale and saw 205...I immediately broke down crying. After a couple of minutes I picked myself up and realized I'm to blame. This September starts my new path to weight loss. I will lose weight, I will adjust my eating habits and I will meet every goal I set for myself!

Replies

• ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    all the best to you in this new journey :)
  • 0zgirl
    0zgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I had a similar epiphany... :-/ and will make September the start of my new life too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You can do this! keep focused, have a plan and stick to it as best you can :smile: You'll be soo glad you did :smile:
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Welcome! My epiphany came 28 days ago. This app & this community works - if you let it. I've had bad days - but not two in a row. Stick with it and you'll see results!
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! You CAN do this! I am in the same boat, 218 here and only have myself to blame.... good luck and happy tracking!
  • jbrowning03
    jbrowning03 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, at 193 and NEED to make a change. Let's do this!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Dry those eyes, your weight does not define you. Please remember this.

Welcome to MFP - You'll find so much support here and if you have faith in yourself, You'll get to where you want to be. That first realization can be tough but that'll be the last time you see that number on the scale. Good luck :)
  • Zephalia
    Zephalia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had a moment similar to yours. Let that feeling be motivation to you when you feel like giving up. It's work but it's worth it - let's do this!
  • ashiimty119
    ashiimty119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too.. I need to lose almost a 100lbs.. Good luck to u
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    same here, shock and disbelief at the numbers - then realisation that only I can make the change needed.
    using this logging tool really helps - stick with it, you can do it!
  • Burtonbj1991
    Burtonbj1991 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step! September will be my new beginning as well. Lets do it together,
    Cheers!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I had that very same tearfilled moment 2 weeks before last Christmas. Aside from one pair of yoga pants and a single pair of jeans.... Nothing in my closet was even close to fitting. :s Over the next 6 months I buckled down, lost the weight I needed to and find myself now two months into maintenance still within a half pound of my goal weight. We CAN do this <3 My only advice is to weigh and log everything (even our slip ups), and keep plugging along! Best wishes
  • CurvaciousLove
    CurvaciousLove Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here!!!! lets do this!!!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Just wait and see how you feel when the scale starts going the other way. MFP works and I have changed my lifestyle because of it. When it comes to food and diet I am like a reformed smoker that stares at a smoker in disbelief.
  • cathliz71
    cathliz71 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! Summer is over, back to school is coming. Time to get serious about my goals.
    We can do this!
  • manymanymore
    manymanymore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's hard, isn't it? Let's do together.
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! You got this!
  • sleighshell
    sleighshell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am with you. Have about 40 to lose and would love any support motivation from other people on the same journey. :)
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Go get 'em! Something about the scale that has the power to scare the living day lights out of us! Make small changes and challenge yourself to get moving! I do 20 minute segments of the biggest loser dvd's on the days that I know I need exercise but can't seem to drag myself to the gym.. I just figure if they can do it so can I since they aren't professional fitness models. Every little bit helps! Good luck, feel free to add me.
  • marshajbrimer
    marshajbrimer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started withMFP August 1st I've lost 12#s log EVERYTHING you put into your mouth, do some type of exercise at least 30 minutes a day & it will happen. I log around 1200 calories. It won't be easy but WILL be worth it!
    Marsha :)