Can someone please tell me how to post a photo?

Options
I know this isn't a tech support board but there doesn't seem to be one here on MFP. I searched the "help" section but didn't see anything that would tell me how to post a photo in a message board thread. I tried just doing "copy and paste" but that didn't work. I'm technologically a Dinosaur so I'm hoping it's not too difficult. I'm asking in this group since there are so many photos posted here that I figured lots of people would know. Moderators, delete if you want since this isn't a success story, but could you tell me where to find this information first? Thanks so much.

Replies

• MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help, I'm looking for the same help. Will keep checking here to see if you get a reply. I'll let you know if I find one.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Either drag the photo into the post you're writing, or go onto: http://imgur.com/ upload your photo, and then on the right hand side of the page, you should see a few links such as "Image Link", "Direct Link"... the one you want to use is "BBCode". So then you just copy and paste the link for the BBCode into the MFP text box and you're done...
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Either drag the photo into the post you're writing, or go onto: http://imgur.com/ upload your photo, and then on the right hand side of the page, you should see a few links such as "Image Link", "Direct Link"... the one you want to use is "BBCode". So then you just copy and paste the link for the BBCode into the MFP text box and you're done...

Okay...so I drag it from where? From iPhoto? From my desktop (which I think I know how to put a photo there...)? Like I said, Technology Dinosaur. oy... But thanks, I will try it as soon as I get back from morning errands. :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Okay...so I drag it from where? From iPhoto? From my desktop (which I think I know how to put a photo there...)? Like I said, Technology Dinosaur. oy... But thanks, I will try it as soon as I get back from morning errands. :)

If you can see it in a folder, just drag it into the MFP text box.
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    blpmvi7s92vx.jpg
    Just seeing if this works.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo! You all are geniuses! :) Thank you very much.
  • butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    18.59.14.png

test
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    BgpMVmv.png

try 2
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    *kitten* it

Drag from your desktop
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    http://imgur.com/gallery/BgpMDmv

last time lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @butterbuns123
    You need to add the BBCode

From Mobile**-
    9mjhed5fiev3.jpg

From PC -
    61gmuakvjr93.jpg

**Looks like some Android devices do not have the option to upload straight from their device (I noticed with a cheap LG I tried). In this case, you will have to upload the picture to a hosting site. Once it's uploaded, copy the link and paste it into the forum reply/post box. Then add [ IMG ] to the front and [/ IMG ] to the end of the link (remove spaces). Example:

[ IMG ]http://data.whicdn.com/images/20219754/cheeks-funny-kid-Favim.com-238743_large.gif[/ IMG ]

it should come out like this (once spaces are removed):

cheeks-funny-kid-Favim.com-238743_large.gif
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    On a phone
  • shadow2soul
    edited September 2015
    Options
    On a phone

For images to show on the forums (no matter the device used) they have to be in BBCode.

so

[ IMG ] weblink that ends in image file format (.jpeg, .gif, .png, etc) [/ IMG ]

if you use the forums upload option (not all devices have it) it will put the link in the correct code for you. For devices that don't have that option, you have to do it.

Oh and one more thing I will add. Some Android devices don't have the camera icon when accessing the forums through the MFP app, but if they go to the forums from their phones browser it will be there. This is the case for my LG G3. The forums are completely messed up if I try to get to them from the app, but I can see everything like I should from the Chrome browser on my phone.
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    BgpMDmv
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    BgpMDmv.png
  • shadow2soul
    edited September 2015
    Options
    BgpMDmv

your link needs to end in an image file format
    in this case it's
    http://i.imgur.com/BgpMDmv.png
    (right click the image and say copy url)
    BgpMDmv.png
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    I did add .png to the second one i tryed lol. Imma get it soon
  • butterbuns123
    Options
    BgpMDmv.png
  • shadow2soul
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I did add .png to the second one i tryed lol. Imma get it soon
    hold your finger on the picture
    do you see an option to copy image url

From my phone when I hold my finger on a picture a menu pops up that has the following options:
    • Save Image
    • Open Image
    • Open image in new tab
    • Search google for this image
    • copy image
    • copy image url

You want the copy image url option
    The url your currently using is to the gallery and not directly to the image. You want the direct link to the image.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!