Did I mess up my scale?

Options
I had people over the other day so I moved my scale in the bathroom into a cabinet, stored sideways. Today I put it back down and weighed myself, and it's weighing much higher which I know is inaccurate. I got on/off a bunch of times and it keeps saying a different amount each time. Does it need time to adjust or something? New batteries? Totally broken?

Replies

• DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hmmm....I store my scale sideways all the time...takes up less room in my bathroom that way... Interested in what others have to say.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think for many of the newer scales after you've had to move them you're supposed to follow this procedure --

Set the scale on flat flooring
    Press on it until it comes on (but don't stand on it)
    Wait for it to go off

That sequence is what resets/recalibrates many newer scales.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I store mine sideways. The most I've ever seen is that it will give me a weight that is 4.4 lbs over the first time. I let it error out and then it works fine.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Did you try weighing something like hand weights or a bag of sugar. I do that to make sure it is right if I move it..mine can be reset if it's off.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Some digital scales need to be zeroed out if they're moved. Like Pawsforme said, just tap it until it zeroes out, then stand on it. You should get an accurate reading.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Our digital scale sits on edge 23 hours and 55 minutes per day. No problems after several years.
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I did reset it, several times. It still was reading a different number ever time I stood on it after :( I didn't try weighing anything else, since if it's saying a different number for me literally seconds apart, I know something isn't right with it. Maybe tomorrow it will have fixed itself.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Try taking out the batteries for a couple of minutes. That may help it reset (then you can put the same ones back in to see if it's worked before deciding if you need new ones)
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Some digital scales need a few minutes in between weighings to reset themselves. If they're used in quick succession they can give different weights.