SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- September 2015 Challenge

Options
It's September!
lamlam2013 wrote: »
Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2
LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

One other "addition" some of us have added to the formula is the duration of the current streak. For instance, you've won the last three nights, your scoreboard might look like this:
Me: 7*
LNS: 3
Streak: 3

Again, welcome! You're among friends.

Replies

• WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    September Weekly Goals:
    I think I'm going to raise the bar slightly.
    • Daily water goal: Full gallon (128 oz) at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Daily sleep goal: Seven hours at least 5 of 7 days per week. …
    • Late Night Snacking: Eat nothing after 9 p.m. 6 of 7 days per week. …
    Specifically, I plan to end September with a 30-night streak of no late night snacking, but am allowing for ...life! I decided to stick with 9 p.m., because I regularly don't eat dinner until 8 or 8:30.

I realize the first two goals are off-topic. (I hope you'll indulge me.) You friends have become secondary accountability partners, so I'm just puttin' it out there. These are my Achilles heals, as it were. Coffee, tea, and Dt Coke are diuretics and contain caffeine. Both aspects make them counterproductive for me. (The more I drink the less hydrated I am, but the more muchies - LNS - I succumb to.) I've replaced them with water, only having an occasional coffee. Concerning the sleep goal, besides being healthier, the earlier I go to bed the less LNS I give in to.
  • Laura_Dalling_Potts
    Options
    How can i join?
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    How can i join?

Just come in. I'll go first...

Me: 1* …
    LNS: 0 …
    Streak: 1 …
  • WalkerPop
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10244184/say-no-to-late-night-snacking-in-september-2015?new=1

Here's the new challenge for September!! There are a lot of people on here who are motivating me! The last part of August was a failure, but I'm determined to turn this around. Let's do it!!!

Walker pop: you missed this post. I hope I'm not too late..... At any rate, you are a streaker I want to emulate! :-)

I'll be heading to this thread.