Have to have knee replacement replaced

maryloar
maryloar Posts: 4
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
One of my knee replacements has slipped and I have to have a revision of my right knee replacement on May 30. I have tried so many things, but somehow I must lose weight.
I have post polio so I can only exercise gently, but I have started on our recumbent bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We eat very sensibly and I NEVER eat fast food. Mary Loar

Replies

• maryloar
    maryloar Posts: 4
    One of my knee replacements has slipped and I have to have a revision of my right knee replacement on May 30. I have tried so many things, but somehow I must lose weight.
    I have post polio so I can only exercise gently, but I have started on our recumbent bike. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We eat very sensibly and I NEVER eat fast food. Mary Loar
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    What about water aerobics? It is non impact and I think it is lots of fun. Even just normal swimming if there isn't an aerobics class available.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Mary so sorry you have to have surgery:frown:

I am not sure if you can do much standing but you might be able to do an aqua jog class that is done in the deep water. So you are actually floating and not putting much pressure on your knee. It is great for swelling issues if you have that too.

If you can stand up you might like Quigong. I do that and it is very easy on the body.

Check with your doctor to make sure those are ok though.

Good luck with your knee.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    What about water aerobics? It is non impact and I think it is lots of fun. Even just normal swimming if there isn't an aerobics class available.

Water aerobics helped me after the car wreck. Easy gliding on the joints.....

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.