Options
2»

Replies

• NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    MsLexii wrote: »
    NotGnarly wrote: »
    I have the fitbit charge HR and haven't had any problems during intervals. My HR goes all the way up to 174bpm and it's the same read as the machines. I got this specific fitbit because I do intervals. I also don't have negative adjustments allowed either. I go by my weekly burn report and subtract 250 cals per day. Maybe try getting the charge HR instead.

Thanks for your input! I had the charge HR for a month and I compared it to my HRM. I felt it was grossly inaccurate so after a month I took it back. I found a Charge NIB (but technically used) for $50! And I love it :)

Was it underestimating your burn? I sometimes wonder if mine is doing that since I lift heavy 4 days a week and do intervals on both the elliptical and treadmill 4 days a week.
  • NotGnarly
    NotGnarly Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also had to wear it higher on my wrist about one finger above my wrist bone.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I had to set mine on my left wrist but set it to dominant to make it more accurate. But then, I don't do any lifting or anything like that, what little exercise I do is just walking. I've heard if you lift it won't be very accurate, I guess because your HR doesn't go as high?