Food Intake

One of the biggest issue I'm having with this eating healthy lifestyle is my sugar and sodium. I can't picture myself eating tasteless food. I love using spice, salt,a and etc... But all these amazing perk affects my health. Can anyone recommend any subtitling for my dilemma?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Do you have a medical issue that requires you to limit sugar and sodium? They won't affect your weight loss. Mrs. Dash has a lot of sodium free products I believe. Eat any fruit and your sugar numbers will skyrocket - but I believe berries are lower in sugar.
  • Dupas1962
    Dupas1962 Posts: 34 Member
    Diabetes and high blood pressure runs Hugh in my family .
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I use tons of onion and garlic in my cooking as well as a salt free all purpose seasoning. I also grind my own peppercorns for a flavor that is SOOOO much better than what you find in the shaker. If you are feeling adventurous try a good curry powder. Adding a little sour with lemon or vinegar also brightens the flavor. Don't be afraid to experiment with different flavors.
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Dupas1962 wrote: »
    One of the biggest issue I'm having with this eating healthy lifestyle is my sugar and sodium. I can't picture myself eating tasteless food. I love using spice, salt,a and etc... But all these amazing perk affects my health. Can anyone recommend any subtitling for my dilemma?

Just want to encourage you to read current research on sodium restriction, the science consensus on sodium is changing. The balance of sodium and potassium is also important.

For flavor besides salt - pepper, garlic, vinegar, lemon, lime, Cajun spice blend, lemon pepper, garlic and good fats like olive oil and butter.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Explore other spices and herbs. When savory food is well seasoned with other flavors it need only a little salt.

Sugar is another matter, but you'd be surprised how good many dessert recipes are when you use only half the sugar called for.