Re-Start. I hope

Options
This is my accountability post.
I did well when I was tracking food. So well, that I stopped tracking. I continued to do well, for awhile even when I wasn't tracking. It felt like I had the hang of this. And then.....that number on the scale starting sneaking up. And up.

I need to hit the re-start button. It felt SO good to watch my weight go down, to feel better, to be more active. Then why is it so hard to start again? Feels like too much work.
But I hate sitting here, feeling SO FULL from dinner that it's uncomfortable. I hate sitting here, too lazy to even commit to my 20 push-ups a day.
I've said that I would start tracking again for a week now. A week. I had cookies for breakfast yesterday. I haven't done something like that for months...a year...

Hitting restart "tomorrow".

Replies

• traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in that same boat. Good luck.
  • ariesfireangel
    ariesfireangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Restarts are hard as hell I think even harder then it was commiting to losing weight in the first place. Maybe cause we tend to beat ourselves up so much over the need to re-start. It makes us feel like we are failing cause we didn't stick with it and had to re-start in the first place but life is like that. Nothing is ever perfect smooth sailing. Some times we fall off the wagon then have to bust are *kitten* chasing it back down to hop on again. I'm trying to re-start myself right now and it's an up hill battle trying to get back to the habits you left behind but definitely not impossible you just gotta keep trying to do a little more each day
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Been there a few times. The only thing that works for me is to give myself an upper limit (for me 200lbs) which is 5 lbs above my weight presently. When I hit 200, I immediately start logging again. However I have gone months in maintenance at times without logging. It is possible as you stated "when you get the hang of things"...but logging sure makes things easier. It can be annoying but it definitely works :(
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Don't panic - these things happen :)
    You can certainly get back on track, I promise. Wishing you the best of luck.
  • bubpuff
    bubpuff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hear you, mate. I want to make an effort to restart my lifestyle. I've gained weight but I'm at the point where I just want to make healthy, lasting changes where weight loss is an added bonus. I always overeat and I'm a boredom/stress/cravings eater. I lost 50 pounds and my ego went up, but I've gained 20 of it back and I'm starting to falter. I want to be more confident in myself and in my lifestyle choices. I wish you all the best on your journey.
  • 15feb
    15feb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been the same weight for 22 years then wasnt exercising as much now I have 55 pounds to lose now Im doing Zumba 3 days a week for 1 hour and the treadmill twice a week for 1 hour logging my food but still no weight loss going on my third week and targeting 1200 calories a day
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't trust myself...so when I finally reach my goal I'm still going to track my calories and weigh myself everyday. I honestly don't want to risk having to do this again.
  • Hchipmanj
    Hchipmanj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've just completed my first 30 days in a row, and it feels great I honestly think I'll be tracking my food forever because I have fallen of the horse to. Add me for support if you'd like (: