WIll i still lose??

Options
MFP says to maitain my weight i wld need to consume 23 70 calorie per day.. but im tryn to lose weight.. but i had a bad day today after i borned off 500 cals by walking for 80 minutes.. this is what my diary says after i completed it..
Calories remaining>142 (1520 GOAL) I consumed > 1893 FOOD - (515 EXERCISE )= ( Net 1378) And what does net mean??

Replies

• TeeDeezy
    TeeDeezy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight then you're doing it right. This means your calorie goal for the day was 1520. You burned 515 doing excercise. That would bring your calorie goal up to 2035. You ate 1893 calories. So, you have a deficit of 142 calories. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. You could actually consume another 142 calories today and still lose weight over time if you continue in this manner. This isn't a bad day, it's a good one.
  • torchita
    torchita Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.. i hardly ever go over,, but today had a big breakfast.. and it threw me off.. ty.
  • TeeDeezy
    Options
    Oh... and "net" means total calories taken in minus any excercise. So, for you 1893-515= 1378. Your goal for the day was 1520 calories. Your net calories was 1378, which is great. You want to keep your net between 1200 calories and 1520 calories in order to maintain your deficit at a healthy pace and continue to lose weight.
  • TeeDeezy
    Options
    torchita wrote: »
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.. i hardly ever go over,, but today had a big breakfast.. and it threw me off.. ty.
    No problem! Luckily you made up for it with the walking. Nothing wrong with having a good breakfast. :)