Replies

• meme1997
    meme1997 Posts: 21
    Options
    yummy i am crazy about maltesers .. send me some :blushing: hahahaha
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between 400 calories in a shake and 400 calories of healthy food?

First of all, a shake is not 400 calories unless you load it with additional foods. Second, Shakeology is healthy food!! I've been using it a few months now and am in love with it. People are complaining that it's expensive (approx. $4 a shake) but who doesn't spend $4 on breakfast anyways? I'm so sick of people who have never tried it bashing this amazing product! If you've never used it keep your GD opinion to yourself.

I don't spend $4 for breakfast. Maybe if you ate something, you wouldnt be so angry.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What's the difference between 400 calories in a shake and 400 calories of healthy food?

First of all, a shake is not 400 calories unless you load it with additional foods. Second, Shakeology is healthy food!! I've been using it a few months now and am in love with it. People are complaining that it's expensive (approx. $4 a shake) but who doesn't spend $4 on breakfast anyways? I'm so sick of people who have never tried it bashing this amazing product! If you've never used it keep your GD opinion to yourself.

I spent $0 on breakfast, your argument is invalid

Can you enlighten me on how many of the ingredients int he prop blend are in efficacious dosages?
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand I'm IN!!

It's Friday and it's quiet here. This should be good for a few pages at least.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaaand I'm IN!!

It's Friday and it's quiet here. This should be good for a few pages at least.

Yeah. The "girls in the gym" thread seems to be fizzling out ..
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine has been doing Shakeology for about the same amount of time I have been on MFP (since April). We check in with each other a various times. I have lost 17 eating an abundance of real food; feeling full, energized and great all the time! While he has lost less than 10 and he is hungry and miserable all the time.

Hmmmm....

Not to be a proponent of Shakeology or try to make excuses or something, but there may be other factors at play here. Maybe he's also eating highly-processed "Smart Ones" or "100 calorie bags of junk" or something. Maybe he thinks shakeology replaces a meal for him. I know it has a shot of protein and stuff in it but also the caloric content doesn't actually match to a good mid-sized breakfast, either. It could serve as a meal in a pinch but it doesn't look to me like it should be anything more than "part of a good breakfast" or a snack.

I ran into similar issue with a coworker who was hungry and irritable all the time (no shakeology involved), while I was complaining about this big plate of chicken breast and veggies I had to chew through while not even feeling particularly hungry before starting into it. Man eating became almost a job for me. If you go "plain" enough with your food you can hardly eat enough to support a good hard workout regimen -- unless you make a concerted effort to eat your meals "on time". And I refused the cop-out of stopping for a choke-burger meal at the golden arches just to "make calories."

Anyway, he kind of gave up. I went on to lose 37lbs.

Good for you, sticking with it!!! I don't know what he does the rest of the time. I do know for a fact that he is eating pizza when they get it for a group lunch at work!. I always pack lunch and snacks for the day and I eat what I pack even if they bring in food from the outside. It tastes better anyway to me... I need this to be a life changer for me, not a temporary fix.

My main question about shakes of any kind is - unless you are gaining or needing to add more protein than you can physically eat, due to heavy lifting, is it sustainable? If you are using them as a snack or filler okay - that seems okay, but as a meal replacement?

Oh and my breakfast costs less than a dollar per serving (oats, berries, cinnamon)
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have tried Shakeology, and used it for a month as "they" recommended. I saw no difference in my hunger, energy, sleep, weight, etc.

I bought their BodyBugg... and ate according to what it told me. (gained 7# in 2 months, haven't used it since)

Currently I'm doing a few of the p90x workouts put out by BeachBody, same company), and am really liking it. I've done a couple of their TurboJams and enjoyed those too.

Assuming every meal ONE PERSON eats costs a "mere" $4 (Shakeology aside), that's at least $12/day. $12/day for 30days/month = $360.

Currently, I spend about $400/month for real food for my family of 5.
    In that sense, not worth it.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    A co-worker of mine has been doing Shakeology for about the same amount of time I have been on MFP (since April). We check in with each other a various times. I have lost 17 eating an abundance of real food; feeling full, energized and great all the time! While he has lost less than 10 and he is hungry and miserable all the time.

Hmmmm....

Thing is that men tend to lose weight quicker than women as well so he is really lagging. I will make my own smoothies but as far as Shake-O goes, it is a processed food so not one I would choose especially when the flavors sound so unappealing even by users!!
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options

Why are you angry? I asked a question. I try to eat between 400-600 calories per meal so if I were to go the shake route, my shakes would be that amount. I would still need to net 2200 calories daily to meet my calorie goals. So would I be cutting my calories down to nothing with Shakeology?
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Really? Someone asks about flavors of Shake-o and the trolls come running to whine about eating their calories and krispy kreme and tell people that like protein shakes they are doing it wrong and must be starving themselves since for that one meal or snack they have a shake. Oh..ok. Because having a protein shake of course equates to that's the only thing we eat all day, for every single meal...and obviously only mix it with water. No almond milk, or fruit, peanut butter, or anything like that. How does it go from drinking protein shakes to water fasting?

Since I was the one who mentioned calories, and the one who mentioned "krispy kremes" be it known that I was trolling the trolls, not "running to whine about eating their calories and krispy kreme". This suggests someone with a bit of a reading comprehension issue, or an impatience to just pluck a few words out of a paragraph and assume the intent of the rest, as well as wanting to stand up and troll those who are already trolling other trolls who trolled the OP when OP was asking a simple question. Or, looking at it another way, you are whining about the whiners (which is really what I was doing, not whining about calories or my 24/7 water-only diet I am on or my krispy kremes) while simultaneously trying to explain with the rest of your verbage that you are above all that.

Welcome, fellow troll.
  • wallaceansari
    wallaceansari Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Hmmmm....

Not everyone loses weight at the same rate and I'd ask what other activity either of you are doing so you can compare apples to apples.
  • wallaceansari
    Options
    Shakelogy has a ton of micronutrients, extremely good for you. It is expensive as hell though, always wanted to try it but at 4$ per shake, not widdit.

How much do you spend on each meal on average? I'm sure it's more than $4 a day. Just saying. It may be expensive but really no more expensive than if you buy lunch everyday or eat out a couple of times a month.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Shakelogy has a ton of micronutrients, extremely good for you. It is expensive as hell though, always wanted to try it but at 4$ per shake, not widdit.

How much do you spend on each meal on average? I'm sure it's more than $4 a day. Just saying. It may be expensive but really no more expensive than if you buy lunch everyday or eat out a couple of times a month.

My typical meals are less than $3 dollars per meal, per day. My wife and I spend about $120 a week at the grocery store. If we spent all that on food (and we don't, that money includes TP, paper towels, soap, etc), my meals would be $2.86 each. We probably spend more like $100 per week on food alone. That means my meals boil down to $2.38 each. So I spend nearly half as much of my meals as I would on Shakeology.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    OP - in starting a thread like this, don't you think it would be honest to disclose that you're a Beachbody "coach" who sells the products, rather than "innocently" asking if anybody has tried Shakeology? It's a shady, thinly veiled promotion of BB products.

An excerpt from one of your prior posts (emphasis added):
    Being a Beachbody coach, I definitely ask questions before anyone makes a purchase to make sure you are getting a program that you're going to stick with and that is appropriate for your fitness level.

Thread can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1001952-p90x-were-you-only-able-to-get-through-the-warm-up
  • LadyQue25
    LadyQue25 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love the Chocolate...just tried the Greenberry, not a big fan. The chocolate, I drink with 1 cup of Organic Vanilla Soy Milk.mmmmmmmm....The greenberry MUST be mixed with fruits/juices to make it somewhat tasteful. I do notice it is a good way to start my morning because I'm not a big breakfast eater. So it keeps me from stopping by Dunkin Donuts and getting a donut or bagel. It has curbed some of my cravings. I haven't had a cheeseburger since March, but I still do have cookies/cake/sweets in moderation. This is my Bday month so I have had a few more sweets than normal. Shakeology is expensive and I may wean myself off in time but I like it too much to stop at the moment. So for me, its worth it.
  • wallaceansari
    Options
    OP - in starting a thread like this, don't you think it would be honest to disclose that you're a Beachbody "coach" who sells the products, rather than "innocently" asking if anybody has tried Shakeology? It's a shady, thinly veiled promotion of BB products.

An excerpt from one of your prior posts (emphasis added):
    Being a Beachbody coach, I definitely ask questions before anyone makes a purchase to make sure you are getting a program that you're going to stick with and that is appropriate for your fitness level.

Thread can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1001952-p90x-were-you-only-able-to-get-through-the-warm-up

I'm just getting people's opinions of it, because I'm intelligent enough to know that it's not for everyone. If i wanted to sell it to the masses, I would just post, "Hey everyone, I'm a Beachbody Coach so buy from me". Don't presume to know what my motives are. My responses should easily indicate that I'm not trying to sell or promote the product one way or the other. If I wanted to hide that fact, it would have never been in a post in the first place.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I will never support ANY MLM.

"How much do you spend on each meal on average? I'm sure it's more than $4 a day. Just saying. It may be expensive but really no more expensive than if you buy lunch everyday or eat out a couple of times a month. ”

Additional scamming argument #2… People who spend more than $4 on breakfast and lunch tend to do it at restaurants , but they are also getting a hot meal. If they wanted a cold meal they could make cereal and a sandwich and stay far below the $4 price. Restaurants mark-ups should not be compared to products eaten at home. People go to restaurants for public social interaction, entertainment, relaxation, food service (prepared for you and cleaned up for you), etc. You pay for the ambiviance. -
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Heard of it, but never looked into it...
  • MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Depending on what kind of foods you choose,( fruits and veggies, whole grain , nothing processed)those 400 calories of food may be way more filling.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking chocolate Shakeology for about a year and a half now, and I am literally full for several hours. And the nutrients you get in Shake-O are incredibly high compared to how much food you'd have to consume to get the same amount. It is expensive for sure, but it's cheaper if you sign up to become a coach. Worth it for the discount if nothing else.

I take it you are talking about the 70 magical superfoods prop blend? The one that with a simple once over can determine they are mostly label filler and not in efficacious dosages?

^^^I have an issue with proprietary blends. It's a way of masking the blend. I want to know what's in it and how much of it! It can list really great ingredients....but contain very little of it--making the "efficacious dosages" iffy at best. OP, do a search of some of the super foods.....there are a lot of them out there! But you can find something really great quality with a label you can trust at a decent price!!!

ETA: Really OP, you sell it? How disappointing that you are on a fishing trip............