any Scottish or Canadians on the boards tonight???

Options
Hi, I am Canadian born to Scottish parents, also lived in Scotland since I was a baby til I was 8, miss it a lot.. but although Canada is home to me.. I miss the sea air and the beautiful scenery, and the way of life is so much different here compared to Scotland

Toronto is a very diverse city with so much to do... but sometimes I find the pace a bit much to handle.. sometimes people just need to slow down and relax...

so where are you from?

Replies

• sking2590
    sking2590 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Scottish! Grew up near Perth, lived in Glasgow, London, France, Malaysia. Moved to Texas January 2013. I mostly miss the mountains and the sea, fish and seafood. But I'm a traveller and after 10 years in Aberdeen needed to go somewhere else. Somewhere warmer
  • chloeraillwheatley
    Options
    Hi im Canadian but now live in the England . Miss Toronto so much! Been here for ten years now . I agree with u about the pace of t.o, thats one thing I've had to learn to slow downnn! Its actually really hard to do when ur so used to always being on the go and In a rush .
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I'm a Canadian living in London. Used to have to go to Edinborough for work occasionally. When I go to Canada to see relatives we usually all meet in Toronto, although I actually grew up in Ottawa.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Canadian here from Toronto. I have similar experiences but with Portugal. Born to Portuguese parents and I have dual citizenship.. It's a whole different lifestyle there and I miss it often. Please feel free to add me :)
  • jrock2015
    jrock2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Scottish and French Canadian. I have distant family that lives in Canada. I'm in michigan. My great grand parents and grandma came over from Scotland.

~Jamie
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    thought I would start this thread again.. I am back on here again after sometime away.. looking for a fresh start

Diane
  • traceyannem1
    traceyannem1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Am Scottish and live in Glasgow
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    hello Tracey... I grew up in Fife.. have you been on this site long?
  • Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Scottish here, as the name suggests
  • TorontoDiane
    Options
    hello ascottishguy
  • hanz8366
    hanz8366 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    TorontoDiane, where in Fife did you grow up?
    I live in Fife. Mainly brought up in Crail and now along Leven way if that means anything to you.
    I'm actually heading to Canada in July, but to Calgary and Vancouver - no offence Toronto :)
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!