4 months to lose 35 pounds

Options
Hi, 42 year old guy here - I got married just over 3 years ago and somewhat fell in to the mindset of 'well, I'm married now, I don't need to look after myself.'
I am just under 6'4" and my only regular exercise is a 1 mile walk (each way) to a sedentary office job. My goal weight is 80kg (176 pounds) as I want to take up running again, an activity I stopped when I became too heavy and the weight just put too much stress on my knees. Until my mid 30s I was 'skinny' but healthy, I don't eat much meat and typically only eat fast food once every 6 months.

My goal is to lose 35 pounds before Christmas this year, my wife and I are going on a long planned holiday to Asia and I would rather not be seen on the beach in my current state.
Please feel free to follow me, I'd be especially interested to hear from any other guys who are in the same boat as me. If there is enough interest I will make my diary public.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    That is a tough target! Log your food and exercise daily and only eat back half of your calorie burns.

Good luck with it and welcome :)