Vitamin supplements

Options
I'm rubbish at getting my iron and some vitamins I need for the day through food, is it ok to enter seven seas vitamin and iron supplements that I take towards my nutrition goals or is that wrong.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I enter all my tablets and supplements. It is your diary, use it any way you like :)
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Brill thanks for that I've been having trouble finding food I like with iron it so was always way too low on my macros but now I'll be fine.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have you been to the doctor to confirm you have low iron?

And if you want iron from food, red meat is a solid choice.
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No not lately but when I do have blood tests I'm nearly always borderline anaemic and they suggest I take more iron in through food. With me being on a diet at the moment and my calorie goal being smaller than normal if I eat a lot of red meat I go over on other macros if u get what saying so I have bought se seven seas multi vitamins for adults today as they contain some iron, which will help
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    rachelbl72 wrote: »
    No not lately but when I do have blood tests I'm nearly always borderline anaemic and they suggest I take more iron in through food. With me being on a diet at the moment and my calorie goal being smaller than normal if I eat a lot of red meat I go over on other macros if u get what saying so I have bought se seven seas multi vitamins for adults today as they contain some iron, which will help
    Before going on a supplement, I would ask your doctor about dosages. Too much iron can be bad for the body. Below has a list of some foods high in iron.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/iron-deficiency-anemia/basics/prevention/con-20019327