My day

Options
Hello,

I've lost nearly 2 stone since March 2015. I have recently been over eating on the weekend I'm such a chocoholic! I'm trying to loose a bit more weight and then to keep the weight off. This is my week

Breakfast - poached egg with thins and 1 slice of ham

Snack - Apple

Dinner - 100g of turkey mince and 100g of green beans

Snack - snack a jack crisps

Tea - veg, baby potatoes and meat (salmon, chicken or cod)

Snack - rice cake with chocolate or Greek yoghurt

On the weekend I don't stick to this plan and i think this is the problem. I work out 5 days a week. Would you change/add anything to my weekly plan?

Also wondered if home made pizza is less calories/better then a dominos pizza.

Homemade pizza
Thin crust base
1/2 Tin of tomatoes
Mozzarella cheese 30g
Ham 50g
Sweetcorn 80g

Dominos pizza .. Person size 7", bbq base, reduced fat cheese, chicken and sweetcorn

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you can't stick to your plan then you need a new plan. Make a plan you can stick to. Work chocolate into your plan so you don't overeat it. All I would add to your current plan is to make sure that everything is weighed - apples can be wildly different sizes for example, don't just go for a generic entry in the database. Weigh everything.

As for homemade pizza vs Dominoes pizza, whether it's more or less calories depends on how you make the pizza! Obviously you can make a pizza with more or less calories than a Dominoes pizza. Homemade pizzas you can count the calories for more accurately, though. It's up to you.
  • Ashleigh_91
    Ashleigh_91 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do weigh everything and the apple is the fruit bags from ASDA which are only 43 calories. I do try to weigh everything. I just feel if I was to have chocolate every day within my calories I would feel like it was a "cheat" and then give up and over-eat that's why I eat on the weekend but I suppose I'm overeating on the weekend.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with chocolate. There are no good or bad foods when it comes to weigh loss, so try not to think of eating chocolate as cheating - just work it into your calories each day.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You are 'dieting' the way I did around two years ago.
    I was brilliant all week - eating decent balanced meals like you listed above and worked out in the evenings. Come the weekend, BYE BYE HEALTHY - HELLO DOMINO'S. Every one's allowed a treat, right? I agree - but my weekend binges were beyond a joke. I would wake up on Saturday morning, have a huge bowl of sugary cereal with full fat milk, followed by 4 slices of buttery toast, followed by biscuits and shortbread. Then maybe another HUGE bowl of cereal. I would snack leading up to lunch - my lunch would then be a HUGE restaurant lasange and chips (fries), garlic bread, followed by a ice cream sundae. Dinner would usually be chinese or something equally as bad. I would wake up in the night feeling so utterly full and unwell.

Ok so my weekend binges were probably a little out of the ordinary and I eventually dealt with my food issues (I do have to keep up my awareness for life now) but you BET I wasn't losing any weight. Come Monday, I was as strict as anything again and continued that way until Saturday rolled around again...

No weight loss.

As soon as I started adding weekends in to my plan, I lost weight and felt SO much better. I'd definitely incorporate a 'treat' into one of the days for sanity's sake - but be aware of what you are eating and how much. :)