Jillian Michaels wasn't always in such good shape.

Options
Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
I'd heard before that Jillian Michaels was heavy when she was younger. Wondering if it was a marketing scheme I tried to find a picture online to prove it and couldn't. Two months later this article pops up on the Yahoo home page.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/pic-biggest-losers-jillian-michaels-once-weighed-175-lbs/42448?nc

I'm still not convinced that picture is her. :laugh:

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I saw it on AOL.com

I think it is her.
  • Jesusfollower72
    Options
    It is a real picture. It's in the Redbook issue coming out June 22. Jillian tweeted about it. She talks about her weight issues in her book Master you Metabolism.
  • KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Sometimes I like her, sometimes she rubs me the wrong way but I've always felt she is 100% dedicated to health and fitness and helping others. That's a great way to make a living.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a Jillian Michaels fan. Doesn't want to have kids because it will ruin her figure? That's pretty shallow. AND offensive to me (mother of 2). Kids didn't ruin my body. My bad habits did. And I'm almost in the best shape of my life-I'm a healthy BMI and I can run a marathon. A number on a scale isn't that important anymore. For the first time, I'm not getting on the scale every day because I know I'm eating right-and eating right means no weight gain that isn't healthy weight (i.e. muscle).

ETA: By the way-did I mention that somewhere along the way of learning to eat healthy, portion control and incorporating exercise into my daily life, those last two pounds became unimportant?
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    durin either the 1st or 2nd season on Biggest Loser she actually told her story & showed a picture of her "before".

& for her (she's only 5'2") being that big was a LOT 4 her. i think she currently weighs abt 120lbs.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • HeatherBurke
    HeatherBurke Posts: 147
    Options
  • km1540
    km1540 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not really a Jillian Michaels fan. Doesn't want to have kids because it will ruin her figure? That's pretty shallow. AND offensive to me (mother of 2). Kids didn't ruin my body. My bad habits did. And I'm almost in the best shape of my life-I'm a healthy BMI and I can run a marathon. A number on a scale isn't that important anymore. For the first time, I'm not getting on the scale every day because I know I'm eating right-and eating right means no weight gain that isn't healthy weight (i.e. muscle).

ETA: By the way-did I mention that somewhere along the way of learning to eat healthy, portion control and incorporating exercise into my daily life, those last two pounds became unimportant?

I agree with you. It is not getting pregnant that ruins your body.. It's all the bad habits..
  • firegirlred
    Options
    I'm sorry for the threadjack. I'm feeling a little snarky today, and Jillian Michaels rubbed me the wrong way. She definitely is to be admired for her looks-and for the background.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a Jillian Michaels fan. Doesn't want to have kids because it will ruin her figure? That's pretty shallow. AND offensive to me (mother of 2). Kids didn't ruin my body. My bad habits did.

I remember seeing her on a talk show (Leno maybe) where she talked about not wanting to have kids- or rather not go through pregnancy because of her body issues. She realizes that it's a mental body image issue that prevents her from it and that it doesn't mean they "ruin" a body necessarily, just that it's not for her. I mean really, who cares if she wants kids or not?
  • firegirlred
    Options
    I remember seeing her on a talk show (Leno maybe) where she talked about not wanting to have kids- or rather not go through pregnancy because of her body issues. She realizes that it's a mental body image issue that prevents her from it and that it doesn't mean they "ruin" a body necessarily, just that it's not for her. I mean really, who cares if she wants kids or not?

It has less to do with whether or not she wants kids, but the REASON she doesn't want kids. And I wasn't the only one offended. Mental or not, she's a role model for many women out there. And that was a pretty negative thing to put out there. Especially when there are so many other things that "ruin" your body (my best friend, the bacon egg and cheese biscuit from mcdonalds), and so many women who would sacrifice everything just to get pregnant and carry that child to (near) term.
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options

It has less to do with whether or not she wants kids, but the REASON she doesn't want kids. And I wasn't the only one offended. Mental or not, she's a role model for many women out there. And that was a pretty negative thing to put out there. Especially when there are so many other things that "ruin" your body (my best friend, the bacon egg and cheese biscuit from mcdonalds), and so many women who would sacrifice everything just to get pregnant and carry that child to (near) term.

I guess I just don't see how it's negative. She admits that her own personal body issues prevent her from wanting kids. Women without these issues will obviously not have a problem. Even role models can't be perfect. I guess it's mostly irrelevant to me since I don't want kids either. Not related to body issues, just a personal choice.