vacation and my diet plan fail

Options
Vacation and diet plans...Are like oil and water. Simply put they dont mesh. I knew it was gonna be bad... just wasnt prepared for the numbers I suppose. Ultimatly, im just guestimating. Far too many resturants dont have nutritional info available so im kinda just guessing. I think the real totals are 250 higher/day. At least. The brightside to this trip is I kept running each day. Super view right? That kept me joggin!

20130620_091840.jpg

Have you ever simply not known the calorie count of a meal?
Do you just look for something similar to add?
Just use quick calories and throw a dart at a number?

Just leave it be and move on?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Change the IMG to lowercase img and your photo will show up. :tongue:

When I don't know a meal's cals due to eating at a small local restaurant or whatever, I use the SWAG method - scientific wild-*kitten* guessing. :drinker: Or basically find the closest match in the database and log that. Or sometimes I'll just quick add my remaining cals and call it a day, although that's rare, because I like to at least try to find a close match to get the macros in the log.
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

When I don't know a meal's cals due to eating at a small local restaurant or whatever, I use the SWAG method - scientific wild-*kitten* guessing. :drinker: Or basically find the closest match in the database and log that. Or sometimes I'll just quick add my remaining cals and call it a day, although that's rare, because I like to at least try to find a close match to get the macros in the log.

The SWAG method :laugh: That's the best thing I've heard in a while! Yep, just log it the best you can and move on :)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I just simply don't track when on vacation and deal with it when I get back.. why not enjoy your vacation when you will get back and realize you gained 1-3 lbs that you can work on when your done enjoying something you don't get to do every day.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    Options

Idk, apparently you can only edit so many times? Thanks for the heads up!
    I did the guessing too... I'd rather have something in there. Although... I must be off cause the scale is not forgiving :(

20130620_091840.jpg