Trying to gain weight but finding it hard my meals
7-8train
9am weetabix 4
12pm 225gram turky 100g brown past
3pm protein bar
5pm same as 12pm
7pm same as 3pm
10 pm same as 9pm
Have a good frame so I have been told only problem I hate hate eggs and tuna ps I'm 100% natural any help would be great many thanks

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? But generally, if you aren't gaining, you are eating enough calories...

Also, are you actually 5'1 or was that a typo?
  • JaycobBell
    JaycobBell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 5foot 1 shortie lol
    My fitness pals says
    2750 cals
    344 carb
    138 pro
    92 dat
    To gain 0.5 lb a week
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Cool, just making sure it's not a typo... do you know your body fat? I ask because if you aren't lean enough, then it wouldn't be beneficial to bulk as your body will be more inclined to gain fat.
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    Not 100% sure tbh the machine that you hold in your hands at the gym says 15-17 have a few picks if that would help
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Do you have an upper body pic besides the profile one? Generally, you want to bulk between 10 - 15%.

To get to the original questions, if you are eating 2700 calories and not gaining, you will probably need to bump up to 3000 calories. For the most part, MFP and other calculators are just estimates and modification will be needed.
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    I do have 1 front double bicep and thank you for your response
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    wykgj09c5o99.jpg
  • sypher_1994
    sypher_1994 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's just not enough food pal a protein bar should be used as a snack not a meal so you are loosing out on 2 meals really just having protein bars
  • JaycobBell
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I agree with you @sypher_1994 just some times don't feel like eating as have damaged nerve between shoulder and pec on the left side I trying to add more ie 200g chicken 100g brown paster 3times a day 4 weatabix for breakfast and supper but always looking to improve
  • sypher_1994
    sypher_1994 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you don't feel like eatin what I tend to do is have a protein shake but put egg whites in and Oates and peanut butter to boost your protein and carb numbers up for that meal and that does the trick for me same qualitys as a meal just with out eating it
  • JaycobBell
    Options
    Only problem is don't like eggs pb or tuna fussy eater
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Uh no, at 5f 1in and 155, you don't need to gain