Warning: Question for women!

Options
13»

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I just started the lowest level hormone BC I was on the patch but it made my period come every two weeks or sooner and made me very sick. I have done the lowest level BC now for one month hoping that I can look into pulls that prevent my TOM for months at a time. A friend of mine took one where she chose when to have it once every threw months. Not sure if my body will respond well though. The lowest level hormone works but any other pill I have tried has made my TOM irregular or made me sick. Irregular periods where they always came soon or up to three times in a month... I could live with irregular skipped TOM.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    This is why I had an IUD... no pesky pill to remember. I loved my IUD... I say loved b/c we had it taken out last June, and have been trying to get pregnant with baby # two...child # 4...cross your fingers hope I am pregnant soon!
    I got an IUD after the pill. Worst thing I ever did to my body.
    I have seen a few commercials of insurance claims against IUDs due to implanting themselves in pelvis wall or blood clots... perhaps other things were said but those two stuck out. I think sticking anything in that area for prolonged amounts of time is a bad idea. But every woman is different of course. I know my body would not handle it well.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    This is why I had an IUD... no pesky pill to remember. I loved my IUD... I say loved b/c we had it taken out last June, and have been trying to get pregnant with baby # two...child # 4...cross your fingers hope I am pregnant soon!
    I got an IUD after the pill. Worst thing I ever did to my body.
    I have seen a few commercials of insurance claims against IUDs due to implanting themselves in pelvis wall or blood clots... perhaps other things were said but those two stuck out. I think sticking anything in that area for prolonged amounts of time is a bad idea. But every woman is different of course. I know my body would not handle it well.
    Thankfully, my issues were far less dramatic than that. And I know women who had no problems with IUDs and love/loved them. But the sweeping generalization that it's the best choice for everyone because it was for someone else irks me.

Funny thing, but when I went for my f/u, the doc couldn't find the string, so she sent me for an ultrasound to make sure it was still in place. The u/s tech said she'd seen several women whose IUDs either moved or fell out and they didn't know and were already pregnant when they got to her.

Mine, thankfully, stayed where it was supposed to for the three years I had it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Bajingas be crazy.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    You might be able to get just 1 pill from the phamacy. Not sure how it works with birth control, but I've been able to get an extra pill or 2 while waiting to see a doctor and my prescription ran out. Ask them because they don't want you to get messed up, though they may just say the last 2 pills don't count anyway because they are placebo.
    They come in blister packs, so one can't just "borrow" a pill because no one else can use that pack. It's different when you run out of regular medication (like HBP or thyroid) and those come in large count bottles. Pharmacists will typically only do the few days of a medication if it's a maintenance med.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Taking 2 make-up pills won't trigger your period, not taking them or stopping, will. You get your period on the 4th
    week of pills bc they're inert. I didn't take the week 4 pills because they're a reminder and have no effect on anything - the pill company adds them as a place holder so you know when to start a new pack for the tri-cyclic birth control pills. The other 3 weeks of pills have are the ones that make it so you don't get your period. Definitely catch up and definitely use another form of protection - I got pregnant on birth control, taking it properly......twice!