Quest bar formula change

Options

Replies

• husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    A couple of them taste a little different to me, namely the cookies and cream. I just had a peanut butter chocolate one and it tastes about the same. Same with the cookie dough and chocolate chunk.

• sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    These protein/fiber diet candy bars can easily be reduced to 3 ingredients with the same macros and nutrition by combining them in a bowl for a much cheaper price sans the fillers, abundance of sweeteners, and preservatives.
    1. Fiber syrup
    2. Protein powder
    3. Flavoring element, such as Oreo cookies

No cooking required. Video Instructionals are all over YouTube.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    These protein/fiber diet candy bars can easily be reduced to 3 ingredients with the same macros and nutrition by combining them in a bowl for a much cheaper price sans the fillers, abundance of sweeteners, and preservatives.
    1. Fiber syrup
    2. Protein powder

Thanks! :#
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I just bought a box of the chocolate brownie from Amazon.

How can I tell if they're the new formula?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

if they have soluble corn fiber in the ingredients
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    On the quest facebook page there are tons of people commenting about how bad the new formula is and people giving bad reviews now. I hope they change it back. Now when I buy them I have to make sure they are the old formula before I buy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    FYI. Anyone who uses the Ibotta coupon app...they have a coupon for GNC. If you spend $25 you can get $5 back. And the Quest bars right now are buy 3 get 1 free....so I was able to get a bunch today and not pay the usual arm and a leg for each of them.

thanks!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    On the quest facebook page there are tons of people commenting about how bad the new formula is and people giving bad reviews now. I hope they change it back. Now when I buy them I have to make sure they are the old formula before I buy.

That always happens when products change recipes. Most often, there isn't a difference in taste, but people complain anyway because they don't like change. It happened in the UK, when Cadbury changed the recipe for creme eggs. There actually wasn't a difference in taste at all but everyone moaned anyway. As soon as people know the recipe for something was changed, they'll complain even if they hadn't noticed a difference.
    I wouldn't have known that the recipe changed had I not come across this thread, and I've been eating the new ones for a week or so.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    So do all the new ones have 13gm of fiber vs 17? Is that how we can tell?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    So do all the new ones have 13gm of fiber vs 17? Is that how we can tell?

Look for "soluble corn fiber" on the ingredients instead of "Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (100% Natural Prebiotic Fiber)"

Also many of them have about 20-30 more calories.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

That always happens when products change recipes. Most often, there isn't a difference in taste, but people complain anyway because they don't like change. It happened in the UK, when Cadbury changed the recipe for creme eggs. There actually wasn't a difference in taste at all but everyone moaned anyway. As soon as people know the recipe for something was changed, they'll complain even if they hadn't noticed a difference.
    I wouldn't have known that the recipe changed had I not come across this thread, and I've been eating the new ones for a week or so.

I think I may have noticed just because of how many I eat. I actually thought it was just a weird bar or bad batch at first. I wish they tasted the same to me, but they really taste really bad now with a bad aftertaste and an "artificial" taste that I really dislike. They are missing the flavor I loved that made them so addictive, haha. I also hate how the texture is more cakey now, solid, and dense. I wish they would go back to the old formula.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    1. Fiber syrup
    2. Protein powder

Probably going to be doing this
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I tried a new version Strawberry Cheesecake. I honestly don't feel they're as good.
    I kind of like that they feel more solid. It seemed like it would be less likely to get sticky and melt into the wrapper like sometimes happens. That's about all the good I can say about it.
    In general, it tasted less sweet. It tasted a fair bit dryer. I'd seriously want something to drink while eating the new ones. Maybe it was ingredients list shading my opinion, but I felt like I tasted a hint of cornmeal flavor.
    Looking at the labels, it looks like S'More has always been this way. Perhaps because it worked with S'More, they figured they could use it in their other flavors? I imagine corn starch is cheaper to use.
  • erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Victory bars are better anyhow
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I just bought a whole bunch of them, but none of them say soluble corn fiber.

More fun to look forward to with the data base!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Yeah that's the first thing that crossed my mind. I still have a bunch of bars to finish. What a pain.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options

That's hilarious and so true.

I'm actually ok with the less fiber thing altho, obviously, not the more calories part.

I was planning on finishing my last box (I only eat half at a time) and then maybe attempt to make my own. I just need a substitute for the fiber syrup.

But I can't not at least try the new formula now.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    At least they probably are still better than the power bars of the 90's.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    If the new ones have less fiber I'll be happy.